Win10 Home with C.I.S. v8.2.0.4703 dbase23222 not updating

This may have caused Spybot to not fully uninstall. Could you please install and uninstall it one more time and when you get the alert allow it?

Re-installing… Spybot… - then rebooting… then… uninstalling…(will say NO to any other options if prompted during uninstall) then try…a reboot… and then a manual Comodo Update…?

OK… did what was asked of me… - uninstalled Spybot 2.5 (post win10 version) …

Upon reboot… … I noticed (AGAIN) - that… spybot continually asks on boot/reboot… - RUN Post Win10 Spybot Setup?

SO I SAID NOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooo and then went into Task-Manager - START UP

(trust Microsoft to yank START UP out of … msconfig :open_mouth: ?? …after being a happy resident there… for… ohhhhh… say. .20 YEARS !!! what up with that bill gates? gr-r-r-r-r-r-rrrrr ! )

Removed …ahem… “DISABLED” the start-up item… - Spybot… - which is supposed to check to see if Post Win 10 version of Spybot is installed… check for signature updates… etc… - I just selected the spybot group heading and then clicked on DISABLE

I manually performed the start… power… shut down… sequence…

On reboot… I was not prompted for anything … Spybot :slight_smile: Yayyy… but I also noticed… that Comodo AV (Status Bar/widget in upper right hand corner… ) …WAS NOT PRESENT… .nor was it there… after the 2 previous reboots…

That said… I went into programs and features… no spybot left to remove…

Found Comodo… did a fresh uninstall

Upon uninstall - requires a fresh boot…

did - so…

upon reboot…

Installed a fresh Comodo v8.2.0

During its initial run…(When it performs the automatic quickscan with signature database updates …downloading in the background)
… it pops up saying SCAN ABORTED…

then we get a pop-up saying… reboot necessary. in lower right hand corner…

Did the reboot… - upon that launch’s completion…

It came up… asked if I was in … Home… Work or Public…network… - I said HOME

then… the moment of truth… WITH A FRESH INSTALL OF C.I.S. in an O/S that previously had Spybot.

DID COMODO UPDATE… yes… or NO???..

:frowning:

OFFICIALLY …now… at a dead end…

Is there an SFC /scannow… for Win10
(theory…? …one of Win10/s files… got clobbered by one of the initial infections… …and that is what is stopping… us from reaching the outside world… BUT ONLY in… Comodo… (as I said… MBAM… (and spybot while it was installed) … updated and allowed me to go to the web… )
AND I WILL RE-ITERATE… comodo… in SAFE MODE updates… (and Scans)… AND After a Safe Mode - virus definition… update…

I can reboot in NORMAL MODE… and… a) the Comodo Status Widget … goes back to being “Green”… and b) allows scans to move forward (instead of… “scan aborted” messages) … (albeit… “b” will only complete successfully until… a flag is set… saying… signatures/definitions… too old…try update… update failed…therefore … “Scan Aborted” )

surely I cannot be the only one… with this error… :frowning:

Anyone? Anyone? Bueller?..

Is there any truth to this?

and if so… ?? where do we get the unzippable version… of C.I.S. Free… such that the “un-adware” version can be installed?

Thanks…

Mark

Searched the web for… cis_premium_6114_38.rar and cis_premium_6114_38.zip including google and comodo.com
…appears nobody has that… file… so following the above instructions (from YouTube Channel 48)… may not be possible…

(unless somebody has a remote login … to the comodo ftp side of things? ?? )

ALSO …

Just double checked the HOSTS file in … \windows\system32\drivers\etc -

no cdn.download.comodo.com

no comodo.com

no download.comodo.com

nothing…

There was a few… IP’s listed in their traditional abc.def.efg.hij quadrant format without a name behind them… so not knowing… Comodo’s IP (or more directly the ip addy of their download server… ) … I cannot say for 100% that their i.p. has landed on the list in HOSTS…

Any feedback… would be awesome… - Mark

If it said the scan was aborted it means the update was successful. To know if the update was successful you can manually check for av updates.

The video is a red herring. CIS will install normally on Windows 10.

With Spybot removed I would say we are looking at a bug. All I can do is to ask you to consider filing a bug report in the Bug Reports - CIS board following the format as described in FORMAT & GUIDE - just COPY/PASTE it!.

Reporting of bugs is strictly moderated to make sure Comodo gets clear bug reports. So, please make sure you closely follow protocol. That way your report will certainly be seen by Comodo staff.

I contacted “BUG FIX” people… and have made 3 other discoveries…in the MEAN TIME… waiting for them to get back to me after SUBMITTING the “CIS DIAGNOSTIC REPORT (and TRACE)”

and in the interim… had removed COMODO 8.2.0.4703 just in case it was something buggy with this version…

going forward…

1. apparently my first attempt to uninstall of Kaspersky - weeks ago… was NOT a clean uninstall… and a portion of their code… (not sure… A-V? or Firewall?) mayyyyyy have still been present during the install of… Comodo

…sadly its called blind faith… you go to Programs and Features… and select Kaspersky and say… UNINSTALL… it goes through its processes… TELLS YOU REBOOT IS NECESSARY - you ASSUME… the job is DONE? right… apparently not :frowning:

SOOOOOO - I removed the Kaspersky … again… and forced to do a reboot… and voila … no more traces of it that I can see…

rather then - RE INSTALL COMODO

I …

1. downloaded and installed the Avira Installer/Widget… hovered over the A-V button… the word… “Install” pops up… I click on it…

it starts installing… and BOOM !! - Connection Failed… ! (*immediately tested MBAM and Google Chrome…- could surf the web and update my definitions there and then… so I know its not an internet issue per se )

• uninstall AVIRA - and do a reboot… - wander back onto Comodo.com - free products… - download…

CIS_Installed 5962_fe.exe comes down…

and im thinking… COOL? maybe? Comodo has found newer version… 6114 is incompatible with 10?

INSTALL 5962 - bzzzzt… it TOO Uses 8.2.0.4703 :frowning: and you guessed it…

Immediately FAILS upon trying to update the definitions…

AS PROPOSED in my BUG REPORT… - BUT GETTING NO WHERE FAST :frowning: …so I thought I would come back here… and atleast update everyone… - fish for a FEW MORE IDEAS?

here is what I suspect…

i) former virus corruption… has damaged part of the internet protocol stack? but only on the port… Avira and Comodo Use to obtain updates from their respective servers?
ii) by adding the 57 Microsoft Servers to the DO NOT SPY ON ME LIST in … “HOSTS” - inadvertently block (both? ) Comodo and Avira from getting out… ?? …doubtful… I have combed over the list … 99% of them are 127.0.0.1 followed by actual server/website domain name… - no mention of Comodo/CIS nor Avira
iii) KASPERSKY - being the evil $##$#&! that they are… (reporting false positives to make their competitors look bad… and bolster their numbers in hopes of making them more popular… and more effective and more profits)… perhaps part of their UNCLEAN exit/Uninstall routine is to BLOCK PORTS other POPULAR (Better?) Anti-virus agents use … (call me paranoid? maybe… but their is an element of potential in there… .right… ?) …in order to force people back to using their inferior product…?

and

iv) … is their a RULE that I could insert into the COMODO FIREWALL…that would ALLOW (or Force?) Comodo out through a specific port (or different port from its default) … to a specific FTP server… Download Server… or I.P. address… there-by allowing CIS 8.2.0.4703 to update in normal mode…

and

v) why…why …whyyyyyy… does COMODO UPDATES WORK just tickety-boo-fine …in SAFE MODE and not normal mode :frowning:

Please run clean up tools for security programs you had installed in the past. A list of them can be found here: ESET Knowledgebase . That’s an elegant way of getting rid off possible left overs.

Or you can use Autoruns to see if there are drivers or services left by security programs you had installed in the past.

As per other posting… - no other anti-virus drivers… remnants… etc… and STILL NO Definition Updating :frowning:

IS IT POSSIBLE THAT KASPERSKY has embedded some UNINSTALL CODE in the registry…such that would block ALL OTHER A-V Agents from getting to the net?

WHY WOULD 2 anti-spyware and/or anti-malware products be allowed to update (Spybot and MBAM)…and not 2 other anti-virus agents… Comodo and Avira?..

Suspicious? yes… just saying…

That’s not the case.

WHY WOULD 2 anti-spyware and/or anti-malware products be allowed to update (Spybot and MBAM)..and not 2 other anti-virus agents.. Comodo and Avira?..

Suspicious? yes… just saying…

Something’s up though. Let’s continue in the other topic and keep things in one place.