Win XP keeps rebooting

Hi there, I have just installed Comodo Firewall V2.4.18.184 for the first time and now my computer keeps rebooting and I’ve had to uninstall Firewall in safe mode. PC was fine before installation and after uninstalling. I also run CA Antivirus and Spybot and uninstalled Zonealarm before installing Comodo Firewall.

Is Comodo having a conflict with another program?

Thanks,

Karen

r you using any p2p file sharing software??? it could be a conflict with CA AV and Comodo but maybe not… i just need more info about it like memory, had disk space ect…

No, I don’t use any p2p programs. When I boot up I am able to get as far as logging in to Windows and then as it is going through the startup programs, it reboots, but I can’t work out which one it gets stuck on - is there a way of ‘stepping’ through them like you can in DOS? My computer is an AMD Athlon 64 3000+ with 1GB RAM and a 160GB HDD. DO I need to clean up my registry?

Thanks

Karen

Have you tried installing CFP in safe mode? Anything in the Event Viewer log? (start > run > eventvwr.msc)

Related link:
https://forums.comodo.com/help/version_24_causing_reboots_when_online-t7121.0.html

I haven’t tried installing in safe mode I found the event viewer with lots of entries but I’m not an experienced user when it comes to this technical stuff so don’t know what to look for but wonder whether this one is a clue:

The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x1000008e (0x80000003, 0x80526fbc, 0xb96349d4, 0x00000000). A dump was saved in: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\Mini072107-05.dmp.

Karen

Ah yes! That is a big clue. Based on the BSOD Minidumps thread by Pandlouk, your pc experienced a soft BSOD and rebooted instead of the BSOD (blue screen of death). That means there’s some software driver conflicting with CFP’s driver. You can upload your minidump file there if you want.