Will not open AND stopped working. What can I do. Portable.

Version 24.2, or 25.x, I think. I cannot open Comodo Dragon to find out. I forgot where I left off from most recent upgrade. ( believe it’s v24.1 and am unsure if I made the upgrade to v24.2).

Comodo Dragon is “installed” as the portable version onto Windows Vista, on Toshiba laptop computer and has been so including regular upgrades for at least 4 months. Internet access is wifi (wireless).

I cannot open Comodo Dragon. Suddenly it will NOT open but instead gives me this:

Comodo Dragon has stopped working

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: dragon.exe
Application Version: 24.2.0.0
Application Timestamp: 5100a1f7
Fault Module Name: dragon.dll
Fault Module Version: 24.2.0.0
Fault Module Timestamp: 5100a0f5
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Offset: 00a13aa6
OS Version: 6.0.6002.2.2.0.768.3
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Information 1: fd00
Additional Information 2: ea6f5fe8924aaa756324d57f87834160
Additional Information 3: fd00
Additional Information 4: ea6f5fe8924aaa756324d57f87834160

Read our privacy statement:
http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=50163&clcid=0x0409

This is a sudden new problem; I have had no difficulties this way with C.D. on this computer until now.

Hi string_game,
Go to the Comodo\Dragon folder in your installed location and right click on the Dragon.exe file, select details to see your current version.

In case of a corrupt user profile.
You could try renaming the Comodo\Dragon\User Data\Default folder to Defaultold, re-open Dragon and a new user profile will be created.
Note: Bookmarks, settings and preferences are not automatically saved to the new profile.

If the above fails I would suggest trying a complete new portable install, selecting a slightly different install location as to not overwrite the existing version.

Edit: Your crash log is showing V24.2.0.0 installed.
Comodo Dragon ver 25.2 is now available for download

captainsticks, and any other interested members,

The Default folder contains many other folders. Would any use or benefit be possible in knowing to do anything to some of them?

Current version on the machine is in fact, 24.2.0.0. Rightclicked and chose Properties, Details.

A fresh portable install of version 24.2 seems to be working. I tried renaming the Default folder but that did not work.

Is any way possible to recover my bookmarks from my other portable Comodo Dragon v24.2 on this same machine? Maybe an Import, or a Copy-and-Paste?

To rescue your bookmarks.
Copy/paste the Bookmarks file from the Comodo\Dragon\User Data\Default folder from the old profile to the Comodo\Dragon\User Data\Default folder in the new profile, overwrite the existing file.

Note: The same can be done with the login.data file, to save any passwords and also the preferences file to save some preferences.

Tip: I always periodically back my bookmarks up to a HTML file, then it can be imported at any time.
This is done through the bookmarks manager in the Organize drop down menu.

Where are these files? You say Bookmarks file, login.data file, and preferences file. These I cannot find in the Default folder of my malfunctioning/nonopening v24.2 Comodo Dragon portable. They neither are in the Default_old folder. How do I find these files?
I found them, or most of them… I complained a bit too soon. I’ll try moving them or copying them one by one and see what happens.

I hope it works as intended and expected. :slight_smile: