Will not allow to de-select the D partition during install!

So today I uninstalled (.154) to do a conventional defrag and reinstallation. Twice now .157 has both partitions on a Vista SP1 laptop selected. I only want to backup C. Help please! Thank You!
p.s. I have EASEUS Partition Master installed, could that be the glitch? Is v.154 still available? I’d like to reinstall it to see if I can setup CTM the way I originally had it.

I posted this in help but so far no replies!
So today I uninstalled (.154) to do a conventional defrag and reinstallation. Twice now .157 has both partitions on a Vista SP1 laptop selected. I only want to backup C. Help please! Thank You!
p.s. I have EASEUS Partition Master installed, could that be the glitch? Is v.154 still available? I’d like to reinstall it to see if I can setup CTM the way I originally had it.

Here is the latest version i assume you are looking for that?

COMODO Time Machine 2.5.129464.157 Released

Can you uncheck this if you try this via the GUI after installation?

Are C and D partition both on the same physical drive?
I think CTM will only make a difference if it’s an other physical disk

Thank you for the reply! They are on the same drive, however, the first version did allow me to only select C, although I don’t believe I had the partitioning software installed then. That first version is what I’d like to try again, not v.157.

This is the version before this…

http://download.comodo.com/ctm/download/setups/client_setup_2.4.125818.154.exe

Thank you again! I’ll boot the laptop up sometime this weekend and see if that does it.

Hi, ratchet

Would you please provide your disk management table?

Thanks & Regards

hi, ratchet

I has replied you in Bug Report. Thanks.

Best Regards

Hi, ratchet
for some important reason, 157 build protectes all operating systems’ partitions and the first partition on HDD0, which is different from 154 build.

Hope it helps.
Regards.

Merged both topics in to one, and left it on the help board as it’s not a bug but apparently by design.

Thank you Ronny! V.154 did exactly what I wanted!

v.154 worked!

http://img442.imageshack.us/img442/3180/screenshot002x.png

Hi ratchet,

Please be aware about what jinYao posted:

This could mean you can run in to some sort of trouble if writes to your D partition could possibly damage snapshots and possibly damage your data, not sure as i don’t know the background behind this change, but I’m sure they didn’t change this just for fun…

Maybe i didn’t catch what ratchet said.

Hi, ratchet
Could you please post a screenshot of your disk management?
It will help us to work it out.

Thanks & Regards.

Hi, Ronny
I have missed a word default. Sorry to confuse you.
So it should be:
157 build protectes default all operating systems’ partitions and the first partition on HDD0.

Regards.

Okay, so it can’t do any harm if one would de-select it?

And his diskmanagement screentshot is posted just 4 posts back here

Default means you cannot change it like the attached screenshot.

Could you please post the screenshot for me, I cannot see it.

Thanks & Regards.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Sure here it is…

[attachment deleted by admin]

Thanks, Ronny.
D is the first partition, so protected default.
C is the OS partition, so protected default.

Regards.

Ah i was confused but now i get it:

• D is the First partition in the partition table and is protected because of that (does this have to do with the MBR?).
  • C is the OS partition and is because of that protected by default.

A “normal” disk layout would have been C = First + OS, D = second partition and de-selectable right?
The user has also 10GB of space left which is not partitioned anyway…