Will Comodo Free Firewall support Windows 10 after 29th Juli?

They were working on it during technical preview, for example they made it compatible with build 9926 but that doesn’t mean it’s compatible with later builds

Hi Guys,

We need you to be patient as now we are working very ■■■■■■■ it bu give you the best Win10 support. Once we fix the hotfix release date , I will let you know asap.

Thank you very much for your understanding !

We will keep improving…

Kind Regards
Buket

@BuketB.
There is no need for constantly repeating yourself throughout these boards.
We’ll deal with the Whiners.

Hi John :slight_smile:

Our precious users are not whiners but the ones who are looking forward to use our product on Win10. :wink: I do understand our users very well that I can not help myself responding to them everytime :slight_smile:

Thank you very much for your help !

Kind Regards
Buket

Thanks for keeping us informed Buket. Its a testament to you guys’ firewall software that I feel naked not having it installed. It continues to amaze me that Comodo Firewall is really the only decent firewall software on the market that allows you to accomplish simple tasks such as blocking an entire folder (and subfolders) of executables from accessing the internet. I simply do not understand how any power user can stand using Windows’ extremely limited built-in firewall.

Now that might be debatable :slight_smile:

Please feel free to start a topic on our board :slight_smile:

I do understanding you wanting to reply to all comments, but unless you intend to provide a ■■■■ by ■■■■ account every half hour of what is happening in the labs we will not be satisfied :slight_smile:

I would prefer if you went down or up there and whip them up a bit, and tell them we want it now not tomorrow or in a hour but now ;D

Now being serious we all thank you for your efforts with bugs which are very much appreciated, but answering repeat posts of where is the update is am afraid a waste of your precious time.

Thank you

Dennis

Hello lahma,

I would recommend you to wait for our official win10 hotfix release but if you would like to continue to use your Firewall now; actually we already have Win10 support with our latest built 8.2.0.4591. All you need to do is first uninstall CFW, upgrade your OS to Win10 . Now you are ready for a clean install, delete word ‘Installer’ in CFW installer name and it will launch without errors. Let me know if it works .

Kind Regards
Buket

I would recommend you to wait for our official win10 hotfix release but if you would like to continue to use your Firewall now; actually we already have Win10 support with our latest built 8.2.0.4591. All you need to do is first uninstall CFW, upgrade your OS to Win10 . Now you are ready for a clean install, delete word 'Installer' in CFW installer name and it will launch without errors. Let me know if it works .

Hello

Made according to directions and Comodo firewall works well

One question, because removed the option “clear” in the list of files?

Thank you

Eagerly waiting for the Comodo team to release a Windows 10 compatible version of Comodo Firewall. Keep it up guys! :slight_smile:

+1

For now, to make it work and have Comodo firewall and windows defender play nice together on windows 10, check out this thread on the forum :
https://forums.comodo.com/firewall-help-cis/enable-comodo-firewall-on-windows-10-without-breaking-windows-defender-t112297.0.html

It works perfectly for me

I am running Kaspersky and McAfee anti-viruses on computers that were upgraded from windows 7 to 10 with no problems.

Since I upgraded to windows 10, Comodo anti-virus pro (licensed version) has been “At Risk”. It says the network firewall is not functioning properly. I tried manually turning the windows firewall off, then back on. Comodo is still “At Risk”. The only positive thing is when I initially encountered this problem, running the Comodo diagnostic found nothing but insisted on rebooting. Reboot just wasted my time. Now when I run the diagnostic, it stills find nothing wrong but it does not insists on a reboot.

I have been a software developer for quite a few years so I understand the complexity of this task. That said didn’t Comodo work with Microsoft? I assume that Kaspersky and McAfee did.

Hi Just A Guy,
I would suspect the other two do not have such complex system integration as Comodo.

Can we be sure that there are no conflicts between Comodo and the other two if they have been on the same system?
BuketB has specifically stated to do a clean install.

Thanks.

Just applied the update to solve the “windows firewall” problem. install failed. diagnostic tool stalls at 65% completed. Sad.

The update installed flawlessly here. Win10 Pro, x64