WiFi adapter - Seperate Config settings?

On my home LAN I normally connect my laptop to my router via ethernet cable and I have set up a trusted zone accordingly.

Increasingly I have a need to connect a second laptop due to a project I am working on. The project owner has provided one of their laptops for me to be able to access their network via their VPN, and this second laptop does not have wi-fi.

This means that my own laptop needs to connect via WiFi to my router. When doing this I noticed that Comodo did not prompt me for the new connection, despite selecting that option for new networks. I then guessed that it did not do so because it recognises my router as a trusted network - already configured for the ethernet.

This potentially leaves my laptop wide open since this connection IP range is set to trusted to be able to share files between computers on my home network etc.

Other firewalls that I used previously such as Outpost, PC Tools and Kaspersky, have correctly recognised that the wi-fi is a seperate adapter and allows different rules to be configured, albeit for the same ip range / network.

Can Comodo do this, and am I looking in the wrong place? Or is there a good work-around - bearing in mind that I use my laptop in many different locations, some of which may have the same IP address range? Will version 4 address this?

Many thanks in anticipation.

Comodo does not have the recognition Outpost etc have.

You can work around it by going to the Network Center (Vista and Win 7 only) and set the network to a public place for the time being.

If this is not already on a wishlist could it be added by a moderator transferring this to the right area?

It is quite a significant security hole for mobile workers and I little surprising the CIS might not have addressed it yet :o

Cheers

It has been mentioned before and it may already be on the Wish list. I will however move your topic to the Firewall Wish board.

This sounds to me like something that should rather be done at router level, i.e. configure Wifi not to be able to access LAN and other clients and/or separate your network into Vlans.

I don’t understand exactly what you mean by doing it at Route level.

Let me just give two example of firewalls that distinguish between a wifi connection and ethernet connection and allow different rules for each - according to the adapter and not just limited to ip range of the network.

Webroot
Outpost
Kaspersky

This is essential for those persons using laptops in different locations via wifi and then connect to their home / office LAN via ethernet for better security and a less restricted network.

I guess there is another way of doing it by setting different IP ranges but not everyone has time or skill to play with changing ip settings.

If I am missing something obvious or simpler, would be great to know how to ■■■■■ this. But right now using KIS 2010 which is excellent, after having had too many problems and frustrations with CIS. But I keep my eyes open for CIS to perhaps use on my other machines.