Widget may turn invisible if button on it pressed when PC under load [M211]

CIS version: 6.0.260739.2674
OS version: windows 7 starter, service pack 1
What you did: pressed the widget during a lag (due to a heavy webpage )
What you actually saw (A screenshot is a great help: the widget was gone, i couldn’t see it even after restarting the computer or turning the widget on and off though the advance options window and right clicking Comodo icon (screenshot included) pressing alt+tab also showed the widget icon with other windows when i set it to on
What you expected to happen or see: i expected to see the widget on the desktop, i managed to get the widget back by changing the screen resolution, i don’t know if it forced the widget into the desktop or made it reappear for some other reason.

i hope this helps.

[attachment deleted by admin]

I’m afraid this is a performance issue, not just a GUI issue, so we’d very much appreciate a report in standard format, as this will give the devs the information they need to address it.

Many thanks

Mouse

PM reminder sent

A. The bug/issue

1. What you did:pressed the widget during a lag (due to a heavy webpage )
  2. What actually happened or you actually saw:the widget was gone, i couldn’t see it.
  3. What you expected to happen or see: i expected to see the widget on the desktop,
  4. How you tried to fix it & what happened: restarting the computer or turning the widget on and off though the advance options window and right clicking Comodo icon (screenshot included) i managed to get the widget back by changing the screen resolution, i don’t know if it forced the widget into the desktop or made it reappear for some other reason.
  5. If its a software compatibility problem have you tried the compatibility fixes (link in format)?:not a software compatibility problem
  6. Details & exact version of any software (execpt CIS) involved (with download link unless malware): no other software involved
  7. Whether you can make the problem happen again, and if so exact steps to make it happen: i am guessing that pressing the widget under certain conditions (big amounts of lag) may cause the problem, but not always.
  8. Any other information (eg your guess regarding the cause, with reasons): pressing alt+tab also showed the widget icon with other windows when i set it to on, i think that the widget may have moved out of the visible desktop or turned invisible for some other reason, i noticed that pressing the button on the tool bar to the low right corner makes the widget turn invisible as well, but when you do so, right clicking on Comodo icon does make it reappear, so i don’t think that caused the problem i had.

B. Files appended. (Please zip unless screenshots).
0. A diagnostics report file (Click ‘?’ in top right of main GUI) Required for all issues): did not find any problems at that time.

1. Screenshots of the 6.0 Killswitch Process Tab (see Advanced tasks ~ Watch Activity) or 5.x Active process list. If accessible, required for all issues: i did not take a screenshot of kill switch at that time
  2. Screenshots illustrating the bug: http://i.imgur.com/78GTX.jpg
  3. Screenshots of related CIS event logs: none
  4. A CIS config report or file. none
  5. Crash or freeze dump file: none
  6. Screenshot of More~About page. Can be used instead of typed product and AV database version. http://i.imgur.com/aqruw.png (what i saw when pressing alt+tab)

C. Your set-up

1. CIS version, AV database version & configuration used: 6.0.260739.2674 with “show welcome screen on start up” enabled
  2. a) Have you updated (without uninstall) from from a previous version of CIS: i have not
    b) if so, have you tried a clean reinstall (without losing settings - if not please do)?: the problem was solved without the need to reinstall the antivirus
  3. a) Have you imported a config from a previous version of CIS: only enabled the “show welcome screen on start up”
    b) if so, have U tried a standard config (without losing settings - if not please do)?: changing the config did not solve the problem
  4. Have you made any other major changes to the default config? (eg ticked ‘block all unknown requests’, other egs here.): no major changes
  5. Defense+/HIPS, Autosandbox/BBlocker, Firewall & AV security levels: D+/HIPS= default , ASB/BB= default , Firewall = default , AV = default
  6. OS version, service pack, number of bits, UAC setting, & account type: windows 7 starter, service pack 1, 32 bits OS, 1 GB ram, account settings are on default, the account is Administrator
  7. Other security and utility software currently installed: DoNotTrack for firefox, and WOT (Web Of Trust) also for firefox.
  8. Other security software previously installed at any time since Windows was last installed: ESET 4 Smart Security

Interesting CIS icon has disappeared on me when RAM was low and CPU load was high.

Thank you very much for your report in standard format, with all information supplied. The care you have taken is much appreciated by Comodo, and will increase the likelihood that this bug can be fixed.

Developers may or may or may not communicate with you in the forum or by PM/IM, depending on time availability and need. Because you have supplied complete information they may be able to replicate and fix the bug without doing so.

Many thanks again

Mouse

Can you please check and see if this is fixed with the newest version? Please let us know whether it is fixed or you are still experiencing the problem.

Thank you.

PM sent.

i tried right clicked the comodo icon (to bring the widget to the forground above the web page) then extending and minimizing the widget , after trying that a few times the widget was gone like before.

i think that when you extend the widget, move it up, and then minimize it, it can leaves your visible desktop. (try it) that could be the reason this is happening.

Can you please check and see if this is fixed with the newest version (6.2.282872.2847)? Please let us know whether it is fixed or you are still experiencing the problem.

Thank you.

PM sent.

sorry for the long time it took me to respong.

the issue still exsist, this time changing the screen resolution does not fix it

No problem. Thanks for checking.

I’ve updated the tracker.

im actually abit worried, logging off and in to the user and changing the screen resolution doesn’t bring it back…
any ideas? ??? :frowning:

See here.

Can you please check and see if this is fixed with the newest version (6.3.294583.2937)? Please let us know whether it is fixed or you are still experiencing the problem.

Thank you.

PM sent.

i am still experiencing the problem.

Thank you for checking this.

the issue is still there.

if i may suggest, making it so the widget cannot be dragged from the “expend/collapse” arrow at the bottom of it will make it so this problem will potentially happen to less people,
or better yet, make it so the widget always stays fully in the visible desktop even if you drag it to the upper screen (just like other windows windows at windows 7)

Thank you for checking this.

Can you please check and see if this is fixed with the newest version (7.0.313494.4115)? Please respond to this topic letting us know whether it is fixed or if you are still experiencing the problem.

Thank you.

PM sent.

when dragging the widget from the buttom arrow that expend or minimaiz the widget it wont do that when you raise your finger from the button, that makes the issue to potentially happen alot less, however if you drag it upwards and stop pressing the mouse button the widget minimize, that can still cause the widget to leave the visible desktop.

so the problem still exsist