'Widget' displays erroneous, imprecise values of network traffic [M1715]

1. What actually happened or you saw:
Comodo shows speed in B/s or KB/s or MB/s. When it does change from example KB/s to MB/s, it loses accuracy. It just shows 1MB/s or 2MB/s, and that is just ridiculous.

2. What you wanted to happen or see:
I’d like to see comodo show speed in specific amount meaningful numbers. IE: 1.23 MB/s or 12.5 KB/s. 3 meaningful numbers would seem just about right, maybe possibly 4. In case of 1013 KB/s it maybe should show 0.989 MB/s

3. Why you think it is desirable:
It’s pain in the ■■■ to not know actual speed. It could vary from 1 MB/s to 1.99 MB/s and you wouldn’t know it. It is problem for applications that do not show the speed, because you have revert yourself to use comodo.

4. extra info
I do not refer to decimals directly, I refer to meaningful numbers.
123.54 has 5 meaningful numbers but only 2 decimals.
7930000 has 3 meaningful numbers and no decimals.
0.123 has 3 meaningful numbers and 3 decimals.

i agree, also adding quarantine in widgets status pane would be nice.

Hi BlueTesta,
If you place the view quarantine task on the CIS Task Bar, you can then at least open quarantine from common tasks pane.

Kind regards.

It looks like a bug. Do you refer to the number of decimals? Could you please reformat your request?

Thank you.

1: CIS version:
2: OS version:
Win7 Ultimate x64
3: What you did:
Download a file.
4: What you actually saw:
Comodo shows speed in B/s or KB/s or MB/s. When it does change from example KB/s to MB/s, it loses accuracy. It just shows 1MB/s or 2MB/s, and that is just ridiculous.
5: What you expected to happen or see:
I’d like to see comodo show speed in specific amount meaningful numbers. IE: 1.23 MB/s or 12.5 KB/s. 3 meaningful numbers would seem just about right, maybe possibly 4. In case of 1013 KB/s it maybe should show 0.989 MB/s

It’s pain in the ■■■ to not know actual speed. It could vary from 1 MB/s to 1.99 MB/s and you wouldn’t know it. It is problem for applications that do not show the speed, because you have revert yourself to use comodo.

I do not refer to decimals directly, I refer to meaningful numbers.
123.54 has 5 meaningful numbers but only 2 decimals.
7930000 has 3 meaningful numbers and no decimals.
0.123 has 3 meaningful numbers and 3 decimals.

Thank you very much for your report in standard format, with all information supplied. The care you have taken is much appreciated by Comodo, and will increase the likelihood that this bug can be fixed.

Developers may or may not communicate with you in the forum or by PM/IM, depending on time, availability, and need. Because you have supplied complete information they may be able to replicate and fix the bug without doing so.

Many thanks again.

I was informed that value displayed in ‘Widget’ is different because it displays general system traffic every 1 second, while the ‘updateUI’ for example displays the average value of the signatures download every 30 seconds.

I’m sorry I don’t understand why that matters whatsoever for changing the showing value from 1 MB/S to 1.XX MB/s etc (Just adding additional decimals)

Also the “Change amount of meaningful numbers on widgets speed display” was moved from “Wishes” to “Bugs Resolved/Outdated” (Maybe merged with another topic that I can’t seem to find any longer that was about how Widget download speed was different from the download speed of CIS signature update. The wish “Change amount of meaningful numbers on widgets speed display” was for a different issue and should be reinstated.

Honestly I’m not sure what happened here or which topic got moved where or merged with what, but the wish in the OP should be reinstated in the Wish Waiting List in my opinion as the explanation for why it was denied seems very irrelevant to what the wish asks for.

Sorry. It’s somewhere between. I think it fits better as a bug report. Moved to “Wish” requests while we get a final answer.
Sorry again for the confusion.

I don’t think it’s a bug though, it seems more like a design choice to not show decimal numbers and it’d make sense to make it a wish to show decimal numbers, but that’s just my opinion. :slight_smile:

the speed display matters because if you got internet that has maximum speed of 1.8MB/s you would not know if was going that speed or 1.1MB/s. think of situation where user is trying to figure out is there problem with his/her internet connection, because speed isn’t showed as accurately as needed, job becomes much harder.

So basically you are asking the speed to show 2 digits after the decimal for better accuracy readings?
I like that idea