Widget disappears when 'Show desktop' quick-launch link is clicked

Comodo Firewall 6.0.264710.2708.
Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit.

Hi,

This is my first experience with any Comodo product, and first post in these forums.

I notice that when I click on the ‘Show desktop’ link in the quick launch area of the taskbar, the Comodo widget disappears requiring a right click of the Comodo icon in the notification area to bring it back.

Any comments/advice please?

Hi and welcome fade2gray,
I think what you are seeing is intended behaviour allowing for Windows to show the desktop in its entirety.
Unless you have already set the following, right click the icon or widget then hover over widget from the menu and select Always on top (Screenshot).

[attachment deleted by admin]

Hi cap’n

This brings to light the mistake I made in confusing ‘widget’ for ‘gadget’, and therefore I shouldn’t expect the widget to act like a gadget. :wink:

Actually, performing any action that opens a window causes the widget to reappear (e.g. restoring browser from taskbar), so what is the preferred method of restoring the widget once it has been hidden by clicking ‘Show desktop’, especially as it ‘disappears’ from view but doesn’t get minimized to the taskbar or system tray (as might be expected for any other widowed application)?

fade

Simplest way is to right click on the Comodo icon in the task bar (notification area). You do not have to click on any options but the ‘widget’ will appear as Comodo now has focus.

Found a couple of other options.

• Right click a blank area of the taskbar and select ‘Show the desktop’ / ‘Show open windows’ as appropriate.
  • But the the quickest method is to click the barely noticeable button at the far right of the taskbar (screenshot))

[attachment deleted by admin]