Why is Toshiba Untrusted? RESOLVED

Toshiba must sell millions of computers, but each new release of CIS5 sandboxes their programs installed on a new computer, so I have to manually move them to trusted.

They have all been submitted but never get added to the whitelist.

[attachment deleted by admin]

With v4 a lot of files came in to be tested and Comodo was running behind on them. They are working on it but until further notice expect delays.

Thanks Eric, I thought that would be it. I hope they can catch up before CIS5 is released by update, or many people will have a problem sorting out what they should move out of the sandbox.

When I install it I have 21 alerts immediately. If it goes out to millions of users many could be frightened off and uninstall.

Are these Toshiba program signed?

On a side note. Do people really need those programs made by the OEM? :wink:

I haven’t checked them all, but they do seem to be signed.

I am considering stopping them from running, but some are needed and it’s hard to tell which. There is one that offers new drivers when they are available and another which operates the webcam. This computer starts quickly, so they are not much trouble yet.

Hi Guys,
We have following two from Toshiba in Trusted Vendor List in CIS V5:

TOSHIBA AMERICA INFORMATION SYSTEMS, INC.
TOSHIBA CORPORATION

Can you please confirm that you didn’t have cloud look up disabled?

Thanks
-umesh

Hi umesh,

Here is my Trusted Vendors List, but there is no mention of Toshiba. I didn’t change anything.

Hi JamesFrance,

It’s in cloud.

Thanks
-umesh

umesh I don’t seem to be accessing the cloud with the RC.

See this topic:
https://forums.comodo.com/beta-corner-cis/are-lookup-servers-working-t60668.0.html

Just checked and Behaviour Analysis and Cloud Scanning are both checked.

Can you please re-test? We had short break down in service earlier today and y’day, not sure what time you accessed it, will be nice you re-install so we see default behavior as of now?

Thanks
-umesh

OK I reinstalled and have 17 programs running in the sandbox. I guess some of them are sandboxed because CIS is running before my wifi connects to my router.

Several have now been removed from Unrecognised so see current screenshots.

Hi JamesFrance,

I see apps from Toshiba directory, can you please check if they are signed?
If they are, what happens after you have looked up?

Thanks
-umesh

I have checked a few and they are signed.

Two examples:

(I have to go off line now but will check this topic tomorrow)

At this point, I think the area CIS needs to improve on the most is it’s whitelisting. After a fresh install I get a a lot of prompts. I then open all the shortcuts to programs on my desktop and get a ton more. Then if the programs updates, it creates more prompts. With something like Prevx or Norton none of my programs cause pop-up windows at all. Usability still needs to improve before I can install this on the families PCs.

BTW - the prompts I get are for common stuff like Dropbox, ATI/NVidia files, etc…

a clean PC mode will be perfect for those " including me " who use laptops, the reason being that is above.

Don’t feel bad, Asus and HP are untrusted too! ;D

I wouldn’t want to be in charge of the white list on a major AV project. It must be an overwhelming task.

Hi JamesFrance,

Please wait for next CIS version, we have done some changes in cloud lookup and expected to work from next CIS version.

Thanks
-umesh

Good to hear that umesh, thanks for dealing with it.

:■■■■

These Toshiba files are trusted in 1120. :-TU