Why is the firewall blocking an application in LAN network zone?

I have defined a trusted network (Network Zone=LAN) with the Stealth Ports wizard.
The results are two rules in the Global Rules section of Network Security Policy, it says:
Allow All Outgoing Requests If Target Is In LAN and
Allow All Incoming Requests If Sender Is In LAN
What does “All Requests” mean as application traffic in the trusted zone is still blocked?
Why do I have to define an application rule to allow to communicatie within the trusted zone?

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated to understand the concepts

I am using Comodo Firewall v5.12.256249.2599 on Windows XP SP3.

Can you show screenshots of your Global Rules and Application Rules?

Comodo1.jpg : Global rules and Comodo2.jpg: Application rules
Thanks

[attachment deleted by admin]

Some additional information to understand the case better
The applications ntop is a webapplication (port 3000) and inetinfo a webserver (port 80).
The computer with the browser runs on the same subnet (same LAN zone) as the server with the applications.
The question is why do a need an additional application rule when the global rules says All requests in the LAN zone are allowed allowed?
An explanation is highly appriciated

Global rules are generic and apply to all applications. However, for an application to receive connections it has to be available on the port defined by the service, hence the need for individual application rules. In a nutshell, applications rules are mandatory, global rules are optional but can make some things easier to do.

Thank you for your reply.
Allow All Requests in LAN is confusing for me.
To check things out I have removed the two global rules for the trusted network.
From a remote PC in the same subnet I have still access to my applications and I have still access to shared files and printer on the firewall protected PC.
So what is the purpose of trusted network?

A ‘trusted network’ is simply a defined IP address block, such as 192.168.1.0/24. The IP block is typically defined in CIS as a Network Zone, which in turn can be used in firewall rules. Whether or not you use these zones will, to some extent, depend on the security configuration you’re using. Bottom line, you don’t need to define a trusted network or use a zone as part of your rules, however, doing so can make creating rules a little easier.

Are you sure?
Don’t you think a zone is “simply a defined IP address block, such as 192.168.1.0/24” and not a trusted network?
A trusted network is more then a network zone I think, if I use the wizard to create a trusted network I use the zone definition (that makes live easier) and two global rules are created.
Can my application rules be simpler when I use a trusted network?

A zone defines an IP block and a trusted network can be created using the zone definition or manually. There’s nothing magical about a trusted network, it’s simply a range of addresses that you allow via rules.

I have have removed the trusted network and found no difference, everything still works.
I have recreated the trusted network and tried to simplify the application rules by removing the application rules for system, but that did not work, these rules are needed.
The two global rules which are automatically created by defining a trusted network seems to be useless?
I understand the value of a zone but please tell me what is the added value of a trusted network?

As I said earlier, there’s nothing special about a ‘trusted network’, using the wizard to define/allow one is just an easy way to create the necessary rules for basic file and printer sharing. This comprises two application rules for the system process and two global rules, the latter may or may not be needed, depending on your security configuration and/or your existing global rules.

One thing to note, the term ‘trusted network’ is, in some ways, a misnomer, as the rules created only allow for basic file and printer sharing. If you wanted to allow complete ‘trust’, additional application rules for various Windows services, amongst others, would be needed. However, no additional global rules would be needed as they apply to all applications.

Ok thank you, now I understand a trusted network means file and printer sharing.