Why did you uninstall CIS? Please help us improve by telling us why.

Not quite sure why the firewall has any impact on whether or not you choose to run D+, but it’s your prerogative on what you wish to run on your system.

I’m also not sure why you think the firewall isn’t being developed anymore. There have indeed been bug fixes since 3.14… In fact, there were several in just the latest update.

FIXED! Firewall sometimes blocks safe applications such as MSN messenger, Skype FIXED! Firewall does not detect MAC Spoofing although "Protect the ARP Cache" option is selected FIXED! Firewall causes high DPC latency under certain conditions

Also note that if the bugfix is minor, it won’t appear in the change log.

I agree HeffeD in that 62.5 % of the fixes listed for the most recently released version of CIS were for the Firewall and Defense+ which is clear proof of development.

Concerning uninstalling CIS on my computers the only time I’ve done it was to perform a clean installation of the next version.

~Maxx~

Stopped using CIS because HIPS causes too many pop-ups, and safe programs would too often get sandboxed. Overall, just got too annoying for me to deal with.

Sorry, it was misprint in paragraph 2 - not CF, but D+ for sure. I’ve just fixed it in that post.

Really… CF and D+ are being developed. Why hadn’t I looked there myself?

Thank you.

As there are average & novice users at my home & the system is a family system i.e is shared by all & they were not comfortable with the popups. In my personal laptop definitely its CIS coz I am with Comodo for a long time now & know how it works. But for average users its not that friendly.

The users here dont have any prob with AV & Autosandbox. They just have probs with FW & D+ popups. They dont know to allow or block & if blocked or allowed permanently where to look, if some app is not working or if some app is constantly throwing pop up, how to solve it. Time to time I find corrupted uninstall in the system coz they may be uninstalling something & getting popup to sandbox & the uninstall corrupted i.e though the app uninstalled there use to be the app entry present in the add/remove, startup & other traces which when clicked used to give error. So I installed MSE & Windows FW for them & they are happy & the system is not yet infected.

So I guess popup is the main prob for people uninstalling besides few other reasons too.

Thanxx
Naren

I’m not using Comodo Internet Security currently because my laptop has just 1GB Ram and money is tight at the moment so buying more RAM is not an option. Comodo makes my laptop feel sluggishbut so does every security product I install. I’m not knocking Comodo, it is an excellent product which I would happily use if I had more RAM.

Circe.

There is not a cloud based link scanner in CIS.

I run Windows 7 64bit on a I5-750cpu. I installed the firewall Sept 2010 and it worked fine. Since then I have tried installing the update iin March and the latest update in June 2011 with the same results. The system seems to loop at a ceratin point(?) aand to get Windows back up, I hade to go into safe mode and disable all of Comodo’s options, then reboot normally and uninstall Comodo, reboot and go back to the Sep download. I tried a complete resinstall instead of update which appeared OK but this morning after a Windows update, same thing. When it works, I like it, but spending 1-2 hours recovering isn’t worth it so I switched to McAfee, free from AT&T. for now.

I’ve uninstall Comodo FW again sorry since I have been using their software for nearly 4 years, because the latest v5.4 doesn’t play very well with my XP Pro SP3 OS any more so I’ve decided to used Outpost Pro 7.5 and it run very smooth light and easy.

When I’ll get time to upgrade to the latest OS and I’ll come straight back to Comodo FW because XP OS doesn’t end until April 2014, which give me plenty of time to upgrade :wink: I am still your true member of Comodo forum doesn’t mean I’m not coming back :wink:

PS: I’m still using Comodo Cleaning Essentials (CCE) :wink:

I am also running XP Pro SP3 and CIS runs very well with it. What are the problems you are having?

HeffeD very long story for me to explain about my problems, so I prefer not to try again and to explain as it already been posted see link below
https://forums.comodo.com/news-announcements-feedback-cis/i-have-finally-surrender-the-comodo-free-firewall-t69227.0.html;msg491509#msg491509

So I’ve bought a lifetime licence from Outpost.

I’m sorry you’ve had troubles, but it is not due to any compatibility issues between CIS and XP Pro SP3.

I know and I hate to start again for the third time it’s to risky it was working perfectly for a while when v5.4 came out, and then suddenly ‘poof’ starting to get heavy and going crazy :frowning: I don’t believe v5.4 wasn’t design very well for XP platform it mainly working very stable for Vista and Win7 and XP it’s getting very old.

I can’t expect that my experience is solution to CIS problems, but when I had installed windows XP updates, including NT framework (I hope i named this thing correctly - one program demanded this thing, sorry I don’t remember this NT framework version) then CIS started to work well.

That would be a coincidence because CIS does not rely on DOT NET Framework unless the application needing DOT NET was making cmdagent go haywire.

I could easily imagine something this simple is the cause of quite a few that have similar issues. I am sure there has to be a common factor with the problem installs. Might not be this particular item, but there does have to be something. I feel sorry for the people that have had issues, because in most cases it runs very well. If only we could find that common. Kind regards.

If no connection with .NetFramework then there must be definite connection with some XP updates. Because before XP updates CIS behaved rather weird - for example when I did scanning it got stuck at some ip address - it showed an ip instead of being scanned file. And I cannot stop such a scanning - I had to restart the comp. After I had updated XP this weird behavior stopped.

yep I can confirm that the firewall on 7 is much lighter than the firewall on XP !! mainly because of the system itself and how it handles any security software in general.

I have uninstall it recently because:

1. Wishlist exist just for fun: Comodo Forum
    There are dozens of excellent ideas that can be implemented and we have never been heard.

2. The HIPS still have some holes, it fails btw other things in some screen capture techniques using the spyshelter test tool.

3. I get bored of waiting for the local behaviour blocker, it’s needed with an HIPS? I don’t know.

4. I get bored after years of the same interface

5. The sandbox is not a real one like sandboxie able to run anything inside without any problem or incompatibility and offering a 99.999% of safety and much more customizable. You can not run almost anything in the sandbox without incompatibilities and also it will left behind files in many places of the computer that the sandbox is not able to delete.
    CIS would be perfect with a sandbox as good as sandboxie.

6. Because I would like to have something like this: http://www.kerodownload.com/FCKeditor_filemanager/Image/13-03-2008/oa_kerodownload_com.jpg

7. Because after many years CAV still has not been tested by AV Comparatives.

8 ) Because It lack of some browser protection capabilities like Prevx safe online or trusteer rapport.

1. Because now I can not differentiate btw applications trusted by Comodo and trusted by me since the devs decided to put everything together. There should be a way to differentiate both, 2 different tabs.

2. Because the development seems to be stopped lately and no new features about future versions has been commented.

3. Because of the behavior showed when the MRG banking test issue, you could have recognized that Comodo can be even better and add protection for the ssl connection ( http://www.zemana.com/SSLLogger.aspx ) Comodo has to be the best, not protect somehow or with a general popup against a exploit used by the most dangerous baking malware.

4. Because if I make a file trusted this should be automatically reported to Comodo and in a few days should be revised and added to the official whitelist, you need to rethink and automatize parts of this process, how comodo handle the unknown files. I should be able to report trusted files, my whole list and in a few days should be resolved in the main online whitelist, Threatcast could help.

5. And again please take a look to the wishlist, it has been there for years and it is the reason why many people have uninstalled CIS, because they didn’t found a feature and this is why they requested it.

Well maybe this is enough, anyway I will maybe come back to install it as soon as I see a beta.

Please take all this as a feedback, not a critic from a Comodo user since 2007, that has used and test all the similar software of the competence, and still believes in Comodo

And I would like to point out this 2 posts:

+1

and this:

+1