Why Comodo's Antivirus security is different

Correct.

Also correct, I think it’s by design that VTRoot cannot be accessed through containment.

The VTRoot directory only keeps track of the files system changes made by any application run in contaiment. As such Containment does not store the contained application itself in VTRoot and does not run it from there.

And also notice that the Script Analysis function (which is on by default-with the Recommended notation) MUST ALWAYS BE LEFT ON!!! If it is disabled Scriptors will not be automatically shunted to containment, and thus will be allowed to run. Once again, you can try this for yourself with the above listed loop batch( but be prepared to manually reboot your system).

So NEVER EVER (never, ever) uncheck the “Perform Script Analysis” setting in Advanced Protection!!!

That should be chiselled in stone and put above one’s bed. :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

Agreed about Script Analysis. Mine is at default settings. If anything, I would activate more protection there but at this time I not familiar with the settings.

I tried with another antivirus and it was enough for me to close the DOS prompt without restarting the PC.
Instead with Comodo opened many screens and with difficulty with zeroing the container I blocked everything.

However, in my opinion it was really a shame to abandon the Comodo Cloud Antivirus project. :wink:

In my opinion it was an excellent product both in terms of graphics, functionality, lightness and protection.

It was enough to improve it on some aspects such as the detection rate, integrate a web protection with heuristics and blacklist and it would have been the TOP.
For sure he would have beaten many other free and paid cloud antivirus.

A cloud brother and lighter than Comodo Antivirus would have accompanied him great also for users looking for a simple and effective solution. :wink:

so cool… after disabling my AV (which stopped it in its tracks) it ran in containment, and was flushed to clear… simple demo, which worked a treat. :-TU

likewise… if someone would be so kind as to offer up an optimum setting for this, it would be greatly appreciated by many of us… :-TU

so, the default ‘runtime detection’ settings are to be left ‘as is’? What about *\acrord32.exe? that is off in both columns…

I have enabled everything except *\cmd.exe embedded code detection under the runtime detection tab. See image. Here is a more comprehensive list of what can be added: Comodo Forum
The only problem setting for me was the cmd.exe, so I disabled it (which I believe was the default setting). There are 54 entries in list shown at link above and 21 entries in default settings.

aah, so enable everything, but leave *\cmd.exe at default… cheers. :-TU