Why Comodo programmer's not develop heuristic for phishing sites ?

Let me clarify once more, we will do everything possible to protect our users. The way we make the decisions on how to protect the users is based on a lot of scientific research. We are more than happy to understand the weakness of existing architecture and improve it, afterall nothing is perfect and everything can be improved.

But requests like “lets have web filtering” without fully understanding what the threat vector is, how we are not protecting against that threat vector, we are reluctant to take any decisions.

So, we would welcome these scientific and technical discussions.

Not sure where you see double posts or do have a problem with your glasses.

Please note posting off topic is against the Forum Policy.

Dennis

They are there:

Maybe your glasses that have a problem. Also please do not take this to the personal side, since you tried to silence me down when I mentioned the Webfiltering module of CIS (which detects Phishing sites) in a topic whose main subject is Phishing… am I not allowed to mention a module currently present in CIS that detects Phishing, in a topic about Phishing?

Even a Comodo Staff mentioned CIS Webfiltering here, yet I am not allowed to mention it.

1. works fine btw., and thanks for that, Melih. :slight_smile:
  2. I think I got it in the past that such a thing is simply not possible. :wink:

Well, thank you for being that honest and using clear words on that topic @Melih :slight_smile:

(Always) trying to somewhat “read between the lines”, and I guess you’ve been and still are (once again) totally right on this.

As there is NO (i.e. there can’t be a) totally efficient, 100% proof way existing on earth to make sure your “private data” is not being compromised / stored / stolen / altered / inspected etc. ANYTIME you decide to enter your beloved “Internet” (which ain’t “private area” by common definition at all), I’d dare to say you’re totally right with your (whilst others seem to unwisely bash it atm) attitude. :wink:

So, just in case one’s in possession of certain “data” (family pictures, business documents et. al.) he (or she) won’t want (by any means) to be shared with anybody else except maybe his wife and his children (just for an example), he’ll (she’ll) never want to put that personal data on that very PC he (or she) is intending for daily online usage, be it Windows, Linux or whatever OS one got installed there. Doesn’t really make that big a difference, honestly not.

Just buy yourself an old, cheap PC and have it disconnected for life only to keep your family / business privacy intact, right?

That’s the only way to go, I guess. And guess what? I guess I’m right with that assumption.
Sounds harsh and somewhat retro, now doesn’t it?

Whatever you’re doing online, it will always leave certain traces somewhere, rest assured.

There simply ain’t no way (imho) for Melih promising your personal data could be protected by any software on earth. If he’d tell you otherwise, he’d have to lie (some companies dare to do that, it seems). Now, would you really want him to lie to you, just to feel somewhat safer? I don’t ever want him to lie. Confessed. :wink:

WWW and its alternatives are dangerous places, that’s for sure.
Melih did never betray us, he’s just being honest.

Know what? I am really glad Melih never promised you that CIS would ever be able to protect your personal data. And that’s why? Because no software on earth really can accomplish that.

Thanks for reading.

Cheers, REBOL. :wink:

@devilbat66, you are being warned for the last time.
There is no double posting found within this thread, and and baiting/harassing another Moderator is a sure-fire way to be removed from these boards.
Please remain civil during this discussion, or you will find yourself out of it. (I like point blank shots, go ahead and test me)

May be you’re looking for trouble? With John I am warning you that you are on our radar.

Also please do not take this to the personal side, since you tried to silence me down when I mentioned the Webfiltering module of CIS (which detects Phishing sites) in a topic whose main subject is Phishing… am I not allowed to mention a module currently present in CIS that detects Phishing, in a topic about Phishing?

Even a Comodo Staff mentioned CIS Webfiltering here, yet I am not allowed to mention it.

We’re not trying to silence you. In that case you would see that moderator has changed your post(s) or your post(s) removed without further ado.

Your remarks about shortcomings of the web filter in general are taking things off topic.

Not looking for trouble, I just could not understand how my remarks about Webfiltering could be considered off-topic.

Okay Eric that’s good to know. You provided a good explanation. Sorry if I jumped to that conclusion.

Will try my best to do so.

Hello,
It’s good to protect the os, but i think you should try to protect information too.
Cis is able to protect data with hips, but it’s the only layer of protection.(There is the antivirus, but the detection is just too bad)
And why do you make software if you don’t want to be closest the perfection ?
You talk about security, but your browser is not update and it surely contain flaws.
It’s better to make one very very very good software updated and with no flaws instead of trying to make 100 000 software which are not update and contain flaws.
I hope you will do something about all these problems. Good luck for the future and always try to do your best.

Sorry for my english.

Hi ThePierrezou,
All software has flaws and bugs, but I am sure Comodo is striving to eliminate issues as much as possible.

Regarding the off topic comment about the browsers, this is a separate development team from that of CIS.
The browser team is still quite new to Comodo and once settled, they intend to up date the browsers on a regular basis.

Kind regards.