Why Comodo firewall still trying to access Comodo CA Ltd IP ?! [MERGED TOPIC]

I am on the Comodo boat since Comodo Firewall 3.0 alpha. I think the function Block once does the same as Cancel.

With regard to “background traffic”. I must admit I had to read the topic start. Here’s my question. Does switching to Custom Policy Mode allow you to block the traffic to Comodo CA?

My version has no such animal as “Block Once.”

Since someone that’s been around for quite some time, decided to answer my initial post on this topic, I guess I should have mentioned that I’m currently running Comodo v6.3.302093.2976, as that could help them if they run an even newer version, with additional features, so as not to speak to me, as if I do as well; assumption often hinders communication. Sorry but with age I’m sometimes a bit slow to think of those things others may need, though I always try and do so.

As I earlier alluded, there is no switching, as I only ever run the firewall in “Custom Ruleset” mode, I never use any other mode except “Block All,” not “Safe Mode,” Training Mode" or “Disabled.” And I’m here to tell you, that when I get a Popup Alert, that some program is trying to connect to the net, and I select “Block Only” not “Block and Terminate,” (it only gives me those two choices) it blocks “EVERYTHING” from that moment on, which should not be the case. The only way I can get to the net with that program (Web Browser) is to restart it. And that’s not the way it should work, as it should ‘only’ block that particular instance, in that moment, so I can continue using that program (web browser).

That’s why the “cancel” option contained in v3.x was so handy, no need to restart my browser.

Yes I have set up a rule to block ComodoCA, 178.255.83.0-178.255.83.63.
But understand that my initial response was due to your deviation from the topic at hand:

It was the 2nd reply to the OP, and at no time did the OP ask for you to ‘urge’ him to allow the traffic. So I had to ask myself why you did so, not allowing him to handle his system as he sees fit. I mean, what would you have to gain, by pleading that he allow the traffic, instead of simply answering his question to the best of your ability.

Then for several posts after that, you debate with OCPirat that the traffic should be allowed, which is simply your opinion, based upon ‘your’ means to secure ‘your’ system, maybe…

I believe that a moderator should of course keep people in line that attempt to harm/offend another user, but to do more than simply be ‘matter of fact,’ in answering ones questions, as directly as possible, going so far as to insist someone do things their way, is simply stepping out of bounds. The voice of authority getting away from some people, sometimes. “With great power comes great responsibility.”

OCPirat may not be fearful of government institutions as you ‘inferred,’ rather simply one diagnosed with anxiety, or otherwise. Or maybe he did know of Snowden, or of that which Snowden claims to know.

Many people see things as simply black or white, even moderators, but I’m here to tell you, that in ‘fact,’ they are not, actually only ever being an endless, ever varying set, of shades of gray. For instance my shade of gray is that a ‘hardware’ and ‘software’ ‘firewall’, as well as an ‘antivirus program,’ all from ‘different’ companies, selected appropriately, is good enough security, as long as I use all of them to their maximum extent. Of course your shade shall probably vary. Some people are well beyond anxious, to be possibly paranoid. I just check my system often, periodically ‘wiping’ the HD’s and reinstalling the OS and all software, as even a non infected system gets clunky with age, (I think MS has it wrong to put everything under the sun in the registry (XP Pro). Different library versions also being a factor. And no, I’ve never seen a system cleaner that could do as good a job, as starting fresh. I really need to invest in partition ghosting software, though, and I’ve been saying that for 10 years…

Later!

This topic has now been locked it appears I need to Lock Topics when I post a warning post :frowning:

For all members new or old posting in old topics is not a good idea as most things discuss at that time are not remotely valid.

Please start a new topic where a valid discussion can begin, regarding this topic there are numerous others due to problems in the past one bug topic I believe, the same applies to all these topics start a new topic do not post in old topics.

Sorry for repeating the warning about posting in old topics but for some members it appears I have to :frowning:

Please note all Moderators have better things to do than locking old topics and I hope this does not become necessary.

To SpheresBEE as you have not replied for 2 days please PM me if you decide later you wish your posts split from this topic.

This topic has now been locked.

Dennis