Why are serious issues being locked?

This is mainly in response to the “COMODO created a password for logon” thread but I notice another rather large thread pointing out issues has also been locked!

…And would someone, for the love of god, tell me how you can justify a thread being locked “in order to get to somewhere with this issue”… THAT DOESN’T EVEN MAKE SENSE, the only way this SERIOUS issue will be fixed is to invite open dialogue on the issue.

As far as I am concerned, Comodo is unreliable at the moment and cannot be trusted.

I am now using Online Armour, at least it works and isn’t locking me out of my own machine.

Read egemens response about the locking…

https://forums.comodo.com/feedbackcommentsannouncementsnews_cis/comodo_created_a_password_for_logonlocked-t34986.0.html;msg268878#msg268878

They have failed to reproduce it and nothing that can help them is being posted…

If you believe you can:

1 - reproduce this issue stably
2 - are willing to have a chat with developers…

Then PMing egemen is the way to go. =)

As I believe he and comodo wants to solve this issue with CIS. =O

I did read it or I wouldn’t have been able to quote it…And that’s a reason to deny discussion on the issue?? REALLY?

If you believe you can:

1 - reproduce this issue stably

I can’t NOT reproduce it, otherwise it’d be a non issue

2 - are willing to have a chat with developers..

Not my job, I have my own job to do, and neither the time nor the inclination to do their’s as well, they already have the community doing their translation work, what else do they want.

Then PMing egemen is the way to go. =)

As I believe he and comodo wants to solve this issue with CIS. =O

I’m sure they do, but leaving a release like this in the wild for so long certainly doesn’t illustrate it.

You don’t want to help drive the train, nor shovel the coal, but you want to ■■■■ the horn?

I think Monkey_Boy’s response to you about this was accurate, concise, and polite. You probably won’t like me either I guess. And so it goes…

hello…

i’ll post this in mod board. of course if you’re willing to help (reproduce the issue).the thread was closed cos they didn’t go anywhere since no one can reproduce the issue.
you’re the messiah :slight_smile:

will get back to you later :-La

Egemen is quite correct in that unless it can be reproduced, how can it be resolved.
It may have been a Windows quirk at that moment (nobody knows that for sure).
Complaining and an unwillingness to help (claiming it is not your job to reproduce the problem) will not get your (possible?) issue resolved.

Please follow Egemen’s suggestion towards a resolution. Thank you.

A user can only go as far as they can - report.

A software developer company, and, in this case, COMODO, can’t expect a random user to know how to reproduce problems like they’re technical people. That’s why they - software developers - need to have their own Q&A labs.

They need to get as much information as possible and try to reproduce the problem. If they can’t do it at first, give it a new try, etc. Until a solution is found, and if it isn’t found, they clearly shout out - We can’t solve this, as we have no idea why such is happening.

98% of users aren’t techically enough to reproduce issues, and they want something that works. This or that minor issues are expected, but not issues such as totally blocking access to one’s system. You can’t expect 98% people be willing not to have access to their systems for the sake of a software developer. If it doesn’t work and they can’t solve it, then people move ahead.

That’s what I did long ago. I do, now and then, check how development is going, and all I’ve seen so far is more stuff implemented into a totally crappied application.

I didn’t try the new version yet, but, I wonder if a bug related to important files/folders, which would keep Defense+ ask the same all over again is still there or not, but, looking at other bugs people are saying, I don’t think it has been solved. I’m talking like a 3 months year old bug. I might as well test it on a virtual machine and see if it’s still there, but, I guess it is, as I haven’t seen any changelog saying otherwise.

Or couldn’t COMODO also reproduce this issue? If not, were more details asked? I didn’t see COMODO asking for more information.

Just my two cents.

I might be wrong here, but all egemen asks for is that the user get the dang thing to occur. ;D

If egemen or similar employee has a EasyVPN talk with you they will be able to see what you do or don’t do and pretty much collect the technical info needed with no need for any user to be a network technician. :smiley:

Really, if you can’t get it to occur then why so dang sad about it…
A bug that don’t occur don’t bothers anyone =)…

Anyway I hope some of you gets a idea of why this happens, if so comodo will probably be more than willing to fix it since the severe nature of it…

It may not worry you, and, to be honest, it doesn’t worry me at all, since I stopped using COMODO’s products long ago, for a few reasons, but it worries other people, and according to this thread https://forums.comodo.com/feedbackcommentsannouncementsnews_cis/comodo_created_a_password_for_logonlocked-t34986.0.html, and I’ve just read like 5 posts, at least 4 people are having that issue.

It could be even just 1. If COMODO can’t fix it, then don’t expect a user who knows ■■■■, to try to find out what is wrong with an application, which their own developers don’t know a dang thing about it as well.

If the ones who are behind such application have no idea, why would any other?

Does COMODO want everyone to do what they’re suppose to do? To find out what is causing what, and try to solve it. Not the user!

You buy a motorcycle. You start the engine, and something happens. Do you need to know and figure it out for yourself what happened and why? Or, will you take it to the manufacturer, or to wherever you bought it and they will take it to the provider and the provider to the manufacturer?

Anyway I hope some of you gets a idea of why this happens, if so comodo will probably be more than willing to fix it since the severe nature of it..

Not the users. COMODO should do it. If they can’t, and someone else does know, then, perhaps COMODO should rethink on their programmers.

COMODO Internet Security is buggier than a piggery. :wink: And, contrary to what people may believe, pigs are very clean, actually. Bug the bugs, they do like the ■■■■ ■■■■.

I don’t think you fully understands how computer related bugs works. It can’t be compared to motorcyckle fixing… Or you might try fixing a old motorcyckle from remote without any instructions about the problem from the user… 88)

Even microsoft, and all MAJOR brands needs proper bug reports to fix issues and no company can alone test every possible setup and usage. Trust me, comodo did try to solve this, and are still willing to solve it, but its IMPOSSIBLE unless they get some more info on how to reproduce it. =S They simply can’t, just like microsoft can’t fix “omg my comp isn’t working now find the bug with your OS”… Its not specific enough and would need pure guessing. =S :-\

What developers need are steps to reproduce the problem. Basic things things like start op program X, perform the following actions, with other application present, then phenomenon Y will happen.

This information with a list of running security application and OS may help the devs to reproduce the problem in their labs and then look under the hood.

To be frank, I have lost track of what the original complaint was in all this. But, I feel the need to respond to the latest post by Ckyto. If you have a problem with a motorcycle (as in your example), or a refridgerator, or a stove, or a car, or a sound system, or a computer, the first thing the guy (or gal) who is assigned to find the solution is going to ask is “what happened?” I know, because I do this everyday. I am an engineer, but I often need to be “detective” to solve the problem.
There is no way to know the solution to a problem until you know what the problem is. If
the problem occured when someone was using the product/application the problem solver needs to establish the exent of the complaint. If
I brought in a motorcycle, and the mechanic “dove right into the motor” without asking me questions about the problem I would consider him nuts! If there is a problem with CIS, or any other Comodo product, how can anyone expect the Comodo “techs” to find the solution to the problem without asking what the problem is, or if the problem can be replicated. Trying to solve a problem without knowing something about it first is “magic.”

[quote author=ckyto link=topic=37755.msg270178#msg270178 date=1239482189]
A user can only go as far as they can - report.

[quote]

What a crock! They can assist the developers by maintaining a dialogue in order to reproduce the error and work towards a reslution.

A software developer company, and, in this case, COMODO, can't expect a random user to know how to reproduce problems like they're technical people.

Who on earth can reproduce the error better, faster and simpler than the originator of the issue???

They need to get as much information as possible and try to reproduce the problem.

The OP refused to assist the developers.

If they can't do it at first, give it a new try, etc. Until a solution is found, and if it isn't found, they clearly shout out - We can't solve this, as we have no idea why such is happening.

How??? By trying endlessly and blindly trying combinations in the hope they stumple across the circumstances that cause the error to occur, without the input of the originator.

98% of users aren't techically enough to reproduce issues, and they want something that works. This or that minor issues are expected, but not issues such as totally blocking access to one's system. You can't expect 98% people be willing not to have access to their systems for the sake of a software developer. If it doesn't work and they can't solve it, then people move ahead.

The original poster said they could reproduce the error. You do not need to be technically capable to reproduce reproducible errors. :wink:

That's what I did long ago. I do, now and then, check how development is going, and all I've seen so far is more stuff implemented into a totally crappied application.

I didn’t try the new version yet, but, I wonder if a bug related to important files/folders, which would keep Defense+ ask the same all over again is still there or not, but, looking at other bugs people are saying, I don’t think it has been solved. I’m talking like a 3 months year old bug. I might as well test it on a virtual machine and see if it’s still there, but, I guess it is, as I haven’t seen any changelog saying otherwise.

Or couldn’t COMODO also reproduce this issue? If not, were more details asked? I didn’t see COMODO asking for more information.

Just my two cents.

So, by your own admission;

You don't use CIS  
 You don't believe that bugs get fixed

Can I ask, what is your definition of troll?

Cheers,
Ewen :slight_smile:

Yes, and that’s what I meant with “report”. But, if for some reason the developers still can’t solve it, then don’t expect others to do it, or try to help more than they can.

The OP refused to assist the developers.

For what I’ve read on the other thread, users tried to give their best at helping COMODO to find a solution. No one can blame anyone for not being able to do more than that.

How??? By trying endlessly and blindly trying combinations in the hope they stumple across the circumstances that cause the error to occur, without the input of the originator.

Please, don’t go there. I could point a few threads, I’ve come across in the past (not so long ago) where users had to make pressure to COMODO folks so that could get attention on reported bugs and some major bugs, and were told not that important to be fixed. And, it took them a while to focus on that bug, just to say later it weren’t on their top priorities.

So, let’s not go there.

The original poster said they could reproduce the error. You do not need to be technically capable to reproduce reproducible errors.

Yes, but, what I meant is that you can’t expect some random person who wants the system to work fine, and that includes accessing the system without any problem, to have to deal with that all the time, until it gets fixed, by trying to reproduce the issue in a few attempts, which could last 1 day, 2 days, 1 week…

So, by your own admission;
 You don't use CIS  
 You don't believe that bugs get fixed</blockquote>

I did use CIS. I used the first version, for a while. It was so buggy, I stopped using it. Most of the bugs had been reported, and one still prevails, which I already mentioned previously. Months after. It has been, also, reported by some moderator. If COMODO didn’t solve it, then, does it mean they couldn’t reproduce it? If not, why more information hasn’t been asked for? I’m lost here.

No, I don’t believe that bugs get fixed, and, so far, COMODO hasn’t proved me otherwise, when already known bugs prevail for months.

Can I ask, what is your definition of troll?

To be fair with comparisons, take an average software suite for an example. it may have over 1 million lines of code.
Now for the comparison. Take a jet airliner being built. It does have over 1 million individual pieces.

If something goes wrong with the jet (i.e. the wing is not sitting quite right against the fuselage), the builder knows where to look for possible causes.

If something (anything) goes wrong with the software program, it quite literally can be any one of those 1 million lines of code causing the problem. You do not necessarily know where to look for the cause (the actual cause may not even be directly related to the module showing the problem).

This is fact, people!

Unless you are willing to [help] duplicate and diagnose (your) problem, then the problem either cannot be resolved, or it is not a problem that needs to be resolved.

Think about it.

Christ on a bike.

I’ve rarely seen so many people rush to argue the colour of black… and now the word troll is being bandied about by someone who quite frankly should know better… get a grip.

The fact of the matter is this product is faulty, am I right to report (bitch, whine, whatever), YES, because the issue has caused me a big fat pain in the arse… am I in ANYWAY WHATSOEVER beholden to help fix the problem? AM I HELL AS LIKE!!!

You’ve been told there is a problem, you’ve been told what the symptoms are, you’ve been told how it has occured (it was installed) and you also know a fresh install of either the same software or your supposed fix hasn’t done a dang thing… so get on with it, do your job and release a product that reliably does it’s job, tear the code apart if you have to… after all what else are you doing… apart from writing more bugs in to your new fangled product.

I have to admit people, it’s a staggering piece of buckpassing when you lay the blame for it not being fixed at the feet of your users… ESPECIALLY when you are the ones who ultimately benefit finacially from our feedback.

This fiasco has badly damaged you rep as number one…or at least I’ll try to make sure it does, I’m currently on any security sites I can find making sure people are aware of the dangers of installing your product on their system and I’ll never use your software again, let alone pay for it.

ckyto… thanks for the support, I’m not surprised you switched if this is the kind of BS that goes on here.

The user’s machine is a fluid environment. Think about how many different combination of applications and hardware there is in all these computers. Its impossible, even for Microsoft, to recreate the exact conditions that exist on user machine! A specific application with a specific hardware interacting with another software might cause issues with some other software! These are the worst bugs to hunt, as they seem to happen randomly and more often than not is based on user’s/w and h/w combination. Hence we are reliant on our users to help us recreate these scenerios so that we can identify under which conditions they occur, then we can take over and fix it.

Melih

@ Wibble.
Even Microsoft’s Vista support site requires the user to identify what steps were taken to produce the fault, what the fault did, what you see on your screen, and what you are running to try to duplicate and identify how to resolve it. This information comes from the users, not the developers. (Note, Microsoft is very quick to say most problems are caused by software other than their own. At least Comodo tries to identify and resolve all issues presented.)

I stand by my comments. AFAIK, you do not have access to the users DB and therefore cannot review the quantity and timing of the posts in question. I was responding to another poster who admits he/she does not use CIS but repeatedly posts about issues with it. This would conform to the commonly accepted definiton of troll, don’t you think?

The fact of the matter is this product is faulty, am I right to report (bitch, whine, whatever), YES

Of course you are right to report faults. Software will not have the same rate of improvement if the users have no input. No-one here has queried your right to do this. What I, and others, have trouble understanding is your refusal to assist in resolving it.

You've been told there is a problem, you've been told what the symptoms are, you've been told how it has occured (it was installed) and you also know a fresh install of either the same software or your supposed fix hasn't done a dang thing... so get on with it, do your job and release a product that reliably does it's job, tear the code apart if you have to.. after all what else are you doing.. apart from writing more bugs in to your new fangled product.

I genuinely believe that the developers would be better able to replicate, diagnose and rectify your issue if you assisted them. It is your choice if you don’t and you have made that decision. from a developers point of view, the missing piece of the puzzle, since everyone isn’t reporting the same issue, is the platform/environment that the issue arises in. This is where you come in. Or not, as is your choice.

This fiasco has badly damaged you rep as number one..or at least I'll try to make sure it does, I'm currently on any security sites I can find making sure people are aware of the dangers of installing your product on their system

Can we also assume that you are similarly telling them that you have decined to assist the developers?

and I'll never use your software again, let alone pay for it.

Have you lodged a support ticket at the official Support Centre (http://support.comodo.com)?

Cheers,
Ewen :slight_smile:

as you can read in the locked thread i´ve been posting about this since february 22,we are nearly 2 months further and still there is no solution

BIG BS cause i can reproduce it on different computers and i PMed egemen but still haven´t got a reply!!!
I also sent logs files autoruns etc and i have never ever heard anything any more

I´ve been trying to help since the fist post
What i noticed that you (Comodo) are a bunch of arrogant … who believe that their product is the best there is and if somebody has a problem it´s either his fault or some other software but it never can be comodo which is failing.
Well i can tell you that i never had a piece of software that LOCKED me out of a computer and i´ve been using computers for a long time now!!
Typical COMODO answer is "CIS does NOT create or set any windows logon password. Why would we change your password and hide it from you?"or even better "Do you use MSN Messenger and if you do, which version and do you have it “Start auotmaticvally with Windows”
Then after nearly 2months!!! there is a new version (you never heard of “bugfixes”???)which is even worse than the other one
Then people complain about this and the easiest thing to do is ?Right close the thread and pretend there is nothing . it´s more important for example to talk about pixels missing or how comodo is back on top of some list.HEy guys wake up cause this way you gonna loose it
I have been recommending comodo for years now to hundreds of people and i can tell you im gonna tell all of them to stop using it because among those people are people with little or no knowledge of computers which don´t know how to solve this without professional help and they are LOCKED OUT OF THEIR COMPUTERS BECAUSE OF COMODO!!!
I always thought Comodo was a cool company but i found out that your as bad as the rest out there or even worse
What is so difficult to fix a problem instead of bringing out a new version which hasn´t been tested at all and still has the same bugs or worse

Well that is the biggest lie ever here, who is blaming other software ,right comodo,who tries to identifiy and resolve all issues presented ,right defenitely NOT COMODO because you could have fixed tis problem long ago.
I don´t know what else i can do for i have explained what i did ,sent logs etc,did clean installs, tried the beta version,PMed Ronny and egemen so please don´t say nobody is trying to help to solve this issue.
And as for easy vpn i hope you can understand that im not willing to instal this after all this if you want a chat you can do it over msn as i told earlier to john(ask ronny he´s got my msnadress)
PS mistaken john b for egemen sorry