Why am I getting so many false positives?

Why have I been getting so many false positives with comodo’s anti virus, I know for a fact that I don’t have viruses on my computer. and it’s a new and clean system. However every time I download something that isn’t bad, I would receive a virus pop up here and then, I kept getting these virus alerts when I was installing windows updates, and it messed my update up big time when it quarantined some of the installer files. Here is a pic of some of the blocked things.

[attachment deleted by admin]

All of these pics show the same malware. It is possible that you are infected as I doubt that windows updates will be detected. This has never happened to me.

If you believe that these are false positives (which you do) then the simplest thing is to upload them to:

They will analyze the file and email you the results. This usually only takes a few hours, but can be up to a day.

The fact that it keeps detecting viruses could mean many things, but please post again if Comodo replies that the files are not false positives. This could be rootkit activity

Please make sure to keep Heuristics set to Low. When set higher it gets trigger happy and you will get much more false positives.

Looking at his attatched pic the problem is not with the heuristics. It shows backdoor.

I do believe I have my set too high, Because those alerts where popping up when I was installing a my windows updates, and the settings were on Medium. and this Pc I’m using is a brand new machine, so I don’t believe it’s infected at all. On the other hand I have another real time virus scanner, and that one doesn’t seem to get the alerts when I do my windows updates. =)

Im moving this to the FP board. :slight_smile:

Hi Davindageek,

We suggest you to upload the detected files for our analysis.You can upload the files using Comodo Firewall | Get Best Personal Firewall Software for $29.99 A Year.

Regards,
Vaishnavi.V.K

It is not advisable to have more than one real-time anti-virus application running at the same time. This can cause problems.

Please disable the other AV and see if the problem continues.