Who Killed PC FLANK?

Hi, Guys…

For two days, now, I’ve been completely unable to access PC FLANK.

Anybody care to try it and let me know what might be wrong?

I’ve tried CFP Version 3 18 times, now, and ended up uninstalling it, every time.
I don’t give up hope of it working one day, though.
Once I got Version 2 back in place, I tried for PC FLANK and it had…vanished.

I make it a rule to find EVERYTHING suspicious!

Ian.

Doesn’t seem to be Comodo dependent: pcflank has not been accessible for at least a week.

I don’t know however if pcflank tests are better or worse then any others on the web.

Let’s also note that the downloadable pcflank leaktest uses IE:
i shall hence never know if it passes or fails.

Hi…

You’ve just made an interesting point, in that mention of IE.

Any/all questions to all/anybody…

In what way would my use of IE make the PC FLANK test result (itself) anything other than reliable?

It’s a good point and worth exploring.

01 - What, precisely, are the existing weaknesses in IE, in this area of security?
02 - After my recent reformat/reinstall nightmare, I downloaded 66 Windows updates (and on dialup, too - death…where is thy sting!?) Was I wasting my time in all of that?
03 - What browser could we have that has few/no weaknesses?
04 - What does a deep-throat, hard-hitting firewall test look like, these days?

Ian.

(:WAV) hi Godsplinter

1. try this on IE ;D (it’s created by Ragwing). Firefox & Opera will block such script, but not
    IE.

[i][b]Write this in your adress bar for something very cool to happen:
javascript:R=0; x1=.1; y1=.05; x2=.25; y2=.24; x3=1.6; y3=.24; x4=300; y4=200; x5=300; y5=200; DI=document.getElementsByTagName(“img”); DIL=DI.length; function A(){for(i=0; i-DIL; i++){DIS=DI[ i ].style; DIS.position=‘absolute’; DIS.left=(Math.sin(Rx1+ix2+x3)x4+x5)+ “px”; DIS.top=(Math.cos(Ry1+i*y2+y3)*y4+y5)+" px"}R++}setInterval( ‘A()’,5); void(0); [i][b]

https://forums.comodo.com/cool_stuff/cool_stuff-t2210.90.html

1. i think MS windows has “update priority”, like:critical update,important update.
    so i guess your suffering worth it ;D .
    but most of my friends (yeah ok, me too 88) ) use cracked windows ;D , and never
    encounter any problem regarding it.

2. errr, FF & Opera? i heard that they’re the most secure browser, but i don’t really know
    the reason ;D

3. huh ??? firewall test? you mean firewall leak test application? i have one from Comodo
    (attached)

Ganda

[attachment deleted by admin]

Hi…

Thanks for that, Ganda: my paranoia predictably stopped me from trying that code you posted - I’m a guy of little faith, sadly.

It just seems beyond belief that Microsoft (:SAD) can be so bad at so many things and be the size that it is.

Just once, I want to get a browser that will not compromise my ####ing security!

I sometimes think that the only way through all this garbage is to shut down the entire Internet and then reboot it, like the Control Room reboot done in Jurassic Park 1!

:BNC

Ian.

:smiley: i hope the others will see this post. you’re even more afraid than me.
;D the code is just for fun, nothing dangerous, click the source below the code, it’s from Ragwing, one of moderators here, it’s cool!

nah, microsoft is not bad, it’s the malware creator.

then try FF or Opera. but i think if we do safesurf, and have good Firewall & AV protection, it’s not really a problem (my opinion, and check my signature ;D ). the only reason i use FF is coz i can’t install IE7, and i like the “tab” function.

;D wanna buy a hammer?

Neither Firefox, Seamonkey or IE “give” me anything with that script.

But i suppose javascript has to be activated in IE.

As far as i remember, Mozilla family browsers (and Amaya) read LaTex and MathML by default, whereas IE does not.

But i am not sure mathematical expressions are either the best or the most frequent way to spread malware.

Hi…

I wanna buy a hammer every time I do a full reformat and reinstall - it used to take me 20 hours to get things on this machine back to normal, during r/r and I’ve managed to chop that down to 7 hours, with a much faster speed of everything (mostly brought about by not having nearly as much garbage installed as I used to have - but, PacMan rules the roost, forever!) During those formats and reinstalls, it’s like having a child in open heart surgery!

I’m off to research those browsers. Whooooooooooooooosh!

Ian.