When I get a popup and choose Ignore, I get the three options :-
- Add to My Own Safe Files
- Add to Exclusions
I don’t understand the implications of using the last two options. From what I can gather, choosing :-
- Add to My Own Safe Files … puts the file on a Defense+ exclusion list, whereas
- Add to Exclusions … puts the file on a AV exclusion list.
From a user point-of-view, all I want is for CIS to ignore it thereafter.
- Having two options results in entries on separate lists which have to be individually navigated and maintained.
- Don’t they effectively do the same thing?
- Why have two (confusing?) options where one would apparently suffice?
- Which option should I use?