Where & When Is COMODO Threatcast

Will COMODO Threatcast ever be returning to COMODO Internet Security? I think Threatcast made it easier for the enduser to make dissensions on PC Files.

also chewed up bandwidth

It was a good option, but some of the users barely read what they are allowing. So, despite a good choice, it could lead other users to error.

If it is to be reactivated, it should be an unchecked option by default. (My guesses)

What exactly is it?
I’d like to learn more about it and why it was removed in the first place.

What I Saw: Several years ago I noticed Threat Cast is gone.

What I wanted to see: Threat Cast to stay w/in COMODO Internet Security

Why I think it is desirable: It might help people make better decisions whether to allow a file or not or whether to Sandbox a file or not.

Any other info: Perhaps yens can remake it to where it won’t consume a lot of bandwidth & repair all the errors it had & make it error free. Plus make it as a checkbox choice.

Can Threat Cast makes it’s return in the next CIS Release but as a checkbox option please? :slight_smile:

ThreatCast was removed, yes. But, I doubt it will make any kind of return.

Threatcast was removed 7 years ago.
Please read this thread.
Its rating system was based on users voting/rating of the file(s), which is at best, very unreliable. (A bad file could be voted/rated great, but still be malicious).
It will not be returning.

I understand that’s it’s gone. But does CIS have something that works like it or there’s no replacement for it?

NOT returning, as in, NO reincarnation nor reinvention.

I liked it very much in the past, but it could lead to spread more infections than it prevent.

Basing on user ratings, could bring you to allow a wrong .exe simply because the infection is being diffused and other users made wrong decisions.

In other words, could help malwares to diffuse quickly and, what it’s worst, across a specific targeted user base (Comodo users). So, if one wants to infect a Comodo user he can easily allow the malware a number of times to create a false threatcast statistic, increasing the probability that the user manually allows the malware.