Where is TrustConnect

I just installed the Comodo firewall and want to configure the anti-virus for automatic updates. I see this is done in TrustConnect, but I can’t find it in the application. Is this a separate install?

1. If you really installed just the firewall (Firewall + Defense+), you don’t have COMODO Antivirus. You need to install the Antivirus component, too.

2. If you have already installed the Antivirus component, goto Antivirus tab, click Scanner Settings and on Real Time Scanning tab, check Automatically update virus database. This will enable automatic updates. But probably this is already checked.

3. TrustConnect is in first place a totally different application. It lets you create an encrypted connection to a COMODO server and to use this server as a proxy. This brings mainly two advantages: If you’re on a public wlan, nobody can simply sniff your traffic (it’s encrypted until it reaches the COMODO server) and you can surf incognito, since from the websites, it looks like the COMODO server is visiting the sites.

I previously installed Comodo Internet Security without the antivirus because it was listed in the CIS. Anyway, I just downloaded the Comodo Anti-virus. When I tried to install it, I got:
This installation does not support target platform. I am using 64-bit Windows 7 Home Premium. Is this compatible with 64-bit?

There is a x64 version. Maybe you downloaded the 32bit installer? If you still have the CIS installer, just rerun the installation and select the av component this time.

Worked like a charm. Thanks.

I scheduled a full anti-virus scan for every night. Can I schedule a spyware scan the same way? Also, do these definitions update throughout the day?

It’s not needed to do a spyware scan in case you do a full scan. The spyware scan checks only the registry and windows system files. There’s a description of the scan profiles. It’s included in the full scan.

Yes, your definitions are also updated during the day (the update setting on the realtime scan preferences tab enables this behavior). You can see the date/time of the last update on your summary screen. To get the AV database updated directly before the scheduled scan, make sure the update option for scheduled scans is checked. You find it the same way as for the real time scan, but on the scheduled scan tab. You can also update the database before a manual scan if you like…

I have a scheduled scan for MY COMPUTER. Is this scanning for both viruses & spyware? Or do I need to create a separate scan for spyware?

Regardless of which scan profile you select, CIS antivirus will scan for all types of malware (including viruses, trojans, rogues, spyware, keyloggers, worms, rootkits, backdoors, exploits, etc).

The scan profile only defines what files and folders will be scanned.

My Computer will scan all locations on all drives on your computer, including of the windows registry and windows system files.

Critical Areas will scan windows registry, windows system files, “Program Files” folder, and “Document and Settings” folders.

Spyware scan will scan only the windows registry and windows system files.

So, to answer your question, the My computer profile does scan for both spyware and viruses (and for all other types of malware). Thus, you do not need to create a separate scan to check for spyware.

Whoop

Thanks. Regarding configuration settings:
By default, only Internet Security is active. Proactive security and firewall security are both blank. Why aren’t these active by default also? What are their purpose?

Having the “firewall configuration” inactive (that is, there is a blank in the “active” column) does not mean that the firewall is deactivated. “Firewall configuration” is simply the name applied to a specific pattern of settings within CIS that customize your level and extent of security.

Having the “internet security” inactive (that is, there is a blank in the “active” column) does not mean that the internet protection is deactivated. “Internet security” is simply the name applied to a specific pattern of settings within CIS that customize your level and extent of security.

Same with proactive security.

Each configuration has slightly different level of overall security. For a description of each configuration, see this page in the help file. Only one security configuration can be active at any given time (which is why only one configuration will have the word “active” next to it).

The various configuration options are present to make customizing your security easier. For whatever the reason, Comodo decided to use “internet security” as the default setting. However, I never use the “internet security” or “firewall security” configurations (I never did see a useful purpose for either of these). I always use proactive security because it is the most secure configuration. So, I would activate “proactive security” at all times.

Made mine proactive also. Thanks.