Where is the CSC portable version?

Subject…

Hello,

It will be portable when final release 1.1.x.x will be on website. For now we are focusing on stability.

Oh, really? 88)

Give em’ a break, they’ve just released the new final CSC. :wink:

Already Thursday, and still waiting for something that takes them 10 minutes at most to do…

Stop trolling around. Completely portable apps are quite difficult to make :slight_smile:

Take your own advice, and stop posting inaccurate and misleading claims while you’re at it.

First of all, watch your words…

Respect moderators. They volunteer to keep these forums running efficiently. etc etc

2nd, if it’s so easy. Why :

• don’t you do it yourselve ?
  • instruct me on how to do it ? :a0

Thanks,

Xan

What’s it with fanboys and the (lack of) ability to take the advice they dish out? 88)

Install CSC. Copy installation folder to USB. Done.

Because the whole point of asking for a portable version is that I DON’T want to install it.

You’re welcome.

Install CSC. Copy installation folder to USB. Done.
Well, then I assume that installing it on the computer and then copying it will do just fine ? And as I'm such a friendly person :) (I assume you know how to unrar ?) Here's the link= http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?3tcmjjw0xf0
What's it with fanboys and the (lack of) ability to take the advice they dish out?
What is it with people that they formulate their sentences so they won't be helped ? Sometimes, it's better to keep in a friendlier way, also, sarcasm is hard to detect on the internet ;)
You're welcome.
I know 88)

Xan

I know about copying the installation folder. However, there’s one (at least) more file to consider:

C:\Documents and Settings[user]\Application Data\ComodoGroup\CSC\PrivacyCleaner\applications.ini

Thank you very much indeed. Perhaps now that someone’s done the job for them, the devs will finally put a copy on the download site.

No need to be cheeky…

Hello,

We will update next week with the portable version. I appreciate your efforts to make it portable, but it’s not that easy considering the new SAFE DELETION and REGISTRY PROTECTION functions. That’s why it takes a little bit more to add portable support.

I have something to ask you about this: How would you like to get the portable version? By copying the installation folder yourselves to some USB or to be available on website as ZIP file?

I think the best option is simply a ZIP file, which you can extract to a folder/drive of your choice. :-TU :-TU

Thanks for the response Andrei.

I like this andrei guy 88) ;D O0

Xan

(:SHY)

Personally, I’d rather do without those functions. Reboot after every scan? Uh, no, thanks.

ZIP on website gets my vote.

Any news on this? Its ‘next week’ now (:TNG)

I have something to ask you about this: How would you like to get the portable version? By copying the installation folder yourselves to some USB or to be available on website as ZIP file?

Why not both? For example, a ZIP file available on the website, AND the actual installation being effectively portable as well? For example, just being able to copy the program files folder to USB, and running it from anywhere.

No chance of a mess in the case of uninstallation (:WIN)

Hello,

1. “Next week” is Thursday :).
  2. Portable is not a separate version. The CSC will be portable, meaning once you install you can just copy the installation folder to a USB drive. Still, some might like to install… and some just copy to USB directly(without having to install). So, on website we will put both.