Where can I find logs??????

CIS Premium 11 version 11.0.0.6744 on Windows 10 Dell laptop
In settings “Logging” Write to Local Log Database (Comodo Format)
And where is Local Log database???
I cannot find it.

Logs are saved in ProgramData\COMODO\Firewall Pro you can see the logs using the view logs task.

Thank you.
I found the logs but am unable to insert image.
It is a file : cislogs.sdb size 1404 kb
I had found the view logs task but it only shows a graph .
There is a tab “Open log file” but this goes to My documents where no Comodo log file exists.
Shouldn’t this open the file in ProgramData\COMODO\Firewall Pro???

BTW : how to insert images I use the IMG IMG and try to copy the jpg file in between but it does not work

What are you trying to do with the log? You don’t need to use the open log file unless you want to view a different log file from a separate CIS installation. Use the drop down menu to view the events for each section.

Let me explain how this started:
On monday around 11:00 my laptop fan suddenly started making noise.
This means something heavy is running.
I opened tasks>processes and found a proces that took 50% of CPU
I googled this and found it was a comodo scan proces.
I looked at my scans.
They were set to run sunday at 23:00. At that time my pc is usually stopped.
So probably the scan was started because it hadn’t run before.
I wanted to look into the logs.

You say : look in the dropdown menu for each section.
OK : I find things there.
Still I find it very strange that there is a tab “Open log files” that leads me to a map where no log files are to be found.
Is logging off???

Hi danyb,

Openlog file is an option to view the saved *.sdb logs manually. Detailed info :Log Settings
If you would like to save the logs for future reference, then you can use Export option as in enclosed image 1. This will provide you the log in htm format.

BTW : To insert image on forum - click on Additional Options(Refer enclosed image 2).

Thanks,

Hi Metheni,
Sorry but your Image1 is not enclosed

Openlog file is an option to view the saved *.sdb logs manually. Detailed info :Log Settings
I have seen those settings and even made a special folder where old logs should go. See My first image.

I have a problem with the fact that if you go to Logs and there use the tab “Open Logs” you get to see nothing.
As said this opens Documents where no Comodo map is present (see image 2)
I would think this would open the *sdb map on C (which is what you tell it does!!!)

What also is confusing is that when you open the view logs you see nothing much.
This is because the default settings are: today
I changed that but on every restart it returns to default

I have a problem with the fact that if you go to Logs and there use the tab "Open Logs" you get to see nothing.

As has been stated. The open logs button is to view logs that you have previously exported using the “Export” button.

Since you can export your log file to any number of folders on your hard drive, Comodo is not going to know where you have decided to save them. You should already know this. It simply opens the Windows File Explorer to allow you to select a file you would like to open, just like most Windows application will do when you try to open up a file.

What also is confusing is that when you open the view logs you see nothing much. This is because the default settings are: today I changed that but on every restart it returns to default

Every time you open up the ‘Logs’ tool in Comodo, you will have to click on what you want to look at. Comodo does not store your previous search filter.