When will launch Comodo Internet Security 7 final ?

hello everyone !

i have a question …

When will launch Comodo Internet Security 7 final ?

thanks …

When its ready :slight_smile: we are on beta stage now…

This is the first BETA so hopefully in 2-3 months. They need to time for 1 or 2 release candidates. Comodo did not do this with CIS 6 and there were way too many bugs on the final release. Comodo will not make the same mistake again. :smiley:

Sounds about right… 88)

Wanna bet?

Trying to be optimistic. :smiley: Anyway this BETA is already pretty good. Now the main thing they have to do is add more recognizers and regularly update the website list.

Comodo inherently releases new versions without a long test time. They have done this repeatedly. I appreciate all of the work that they put into the program, but the short length of beta and RC testing is one of their downfalls.

hurry can jeopardize everything , it’s better for comodo to remain in beta for at least 2 to 3 months & fix all important & serious bugs & issues like improvement of the web filtering component & it’s database to a much much better extent so that comodo v7 series of products are able to block almost each & every malicious & dangerous & exploit based & phising websites , secondly there is lot’s of improvement required in the antivirus engine of CIS premium free version & comodo antivirus free version regarding the proper & advanced disinfection & removal of stubborn family of sophisticated & complex forms of threats & malwares & rootkits & bootkits & worms & trojans & keyloggers & others & any of their traces & remainants from the system because in my current test of the latest beta version of CIS v7 comodo detected a lot of threats & malwares which the antivirus engine failed to remove & lot’s of traces & remainants were left in the registry & hard disks too , so the antivirus engine really requires a lot of developments & improvements in terms of the proper & complete removal of threats & malwares & rootkits & worms & trojans & keyloggers bla bla bla , last but not the least comodo firewall needs to be more powerful & needs to give alert for each & every incoming or outgoing connection attempts because currently it is not giving alerts for lot’s of incoming & outgoing firewall connection attempts even though the firewall configuration is set to custom ruleset & proactive security mode , so it’s my fervent request to all the respected developers & programmers & experts of comodo security team to fix all the above mentioned very very important bugs & security related issues related to comodo v7 series of products so that we can get the very best out of the upcoming comodo v7 final version

Well what I feel is that, once the CIS main component i.e. AV + Firewall + HIPS + Sandbox are fully tested and fixed… It can be released…

Comodo cannot n should not wait till Web Filter recognizes most, coz every now n then a malicious site pops up n then if you say Comodo waits till all or most are detected, it would never be out of beta…

As far as VC is concerned it will take loads of time as many behaviours needs to be covered so once the major n common behaviours are covered they can consider…

This is what I feel… May or may not be convincing to all…

+1

dear ishaan & s. sarkar , comodo is a well reputed & popular security software brand & they can’t damage their reputation by releasing the stable version of the v7 range of products so early because currently the web filtering component which is one of the most important features of the comodo v7 series of products is very very poor in terms of what it is meant for or what it is build for because comodo really needs to expand the database & signatures of web filtering & antiphising component to a huge extent before the release of the final stable v7 series of products , secondly the proper & complete removal capability & power of complete removal of threats & malwares & stubborn rootkits & bootkits & worms & keyloggers of the antivirus engine of comodo needs to be improved a lot lot more in the final stable version of comodo v7 series of products , thirdly there is some issues with the comodo firewall component not detecting a lot of incoming & outgoing firewall attempts even though the security software is configured to proactive security mode & the firewall is set to custom mode , so hope that the respected developers & programmers & security experts of comodo fixes all the above mentioned very very important & necessary issues related with the comodo v7 beta series of products before the release of the final stable version of comodo v7 series of products & we all true fans & lovers & users of comodo must like to see our favourite security software on top of all be it in terms of web & url filtering & antiphising or antivirus or firewall security & lastly we all should remember that " patience is the path for long lasting success "

Comodo will add to the web filter but they are probably focusing their resources on fixing bugs right now. Releasing a major new version is probably very difficult.

yaa dear ad18 i do agree with you 100% that it’s very very important to fix all bugs before release of the final version but the biggest bug currently in comodo v7 beta version is the poor web & url filtering & antiphising component in comodo currently which really need to be improved tremendously a lot lot more & for that comodo needs to add thousands of database & signatures to the web filtering database regularly & hourly , also there are issues like improvement in the proper & complete removal capability of sophisticated & stubborn family of threats & malwares & rootkits & worms & botnets & keyloggers & issues like improvement in the proper detection of all & every inbound & outbound connection attempts & traffics on each & every port , so these are the bugs & issues that the developers of comodo needs to fix too very seriously because these are all very very important security related issues that are very much necessary to be fixed quickly

Inform to you Mukunda This is not a BUG! Bug very different thing…it is a new solution from Comodo.Please wait a little to improve it, and we are on the first beta now… Be patient!

I agree with yigido. I am glad to see Comodo taking their time with the BETA process. They want to make sure the first public release is good.

you need to follow your own advise

REAL release candidates?

Hopefully. :slight_smile:

Dear Mukunda , if you read my post properly I didn’t talk about an early release… Read, interpret and then type…