When Will Comodo get their anti-virus on www.av-comparatives.org [Resolved]

When will Comodo get their anti-virus on www.av-comparatives.org. I would really like to see how well it does. I love Comodo firewall and would love to put their anti-virus on my computer but I would like to know how well it does and like it’s been said earlier… all tests are really outdated.

And is their a roadmap or something somewhere? Or when can we expect a release for Comodo Anti-spyware (no anti-virus involved) because incase I decide not to choose Comodo Anti-virus for security reasons (not wanting to get rid of kaspersky till im sure its good) I would like to help Comodo in someway that would not cause a confliction with other programs.

And one final thing (off topic)… Can Comodo firewall reduce the time it shows the warnings when a choice has been made already0? Every time Comodo firewall shows a warning I click make a rule or w.e it says… then click allow or block… but it does not disapear for atleast 3-10 seconds and gets in the way of things.

That is all.

My first post,

Btman.

First off, welcome to the forums and Comodo Community.

CAV 2.0 will be submitted to sites like these once it is an Official release. This projection is about 2 months after the Beta starts. Early 2007 would be my thoughts.

Awesome I hope Comodo makes a great Anti-virus and anti-spyware just as the have made a great firewall. Any answer to why the warnings don’t dissapear right away when I click allow or block on the firwall though?

Maybe it has something to do with the speed of your system, or the amount of “stress” it was under from other running tasks at that moment…

Could also be the graphic chipet/driver. I’ve seen exceptionally slow screen redraws with an S3 Chrome chip when redrawing Open GL screens. Update the graphic drivers and retest.

Just a thought,
Ewen :slight_smile:

How do i find out what graphic driver I have… and what version so i can update it…

Sygate never had this issue.

Normally you’d find that information in your Device Manager list… I typically launch it by:

• Right-click My Computer
  • Left-click Manage
  • Expand the Device Manager tab

This of course assumes you use XP… don’t remember if Win2K had a similar path to it.

An easier question to answer might be, “How old is your PC?”… and whether you bought it new. this will help us guestimate your spec’s. I’d be more interested in the amout of RAM you have installed and what OS you’re actually running.

It’s not rather speed of system or graphics card, but rather about the speed of connection maybe. Because on my pc: AMD Sempron3000+, 1GB RAM, ATI Radeon9550 128MB everything runs very smoothly, but the notification seems to be waiting for the connection to be done. That’s my observations :slight_smile: Maybe it’ll help :wink:

I’m thinking a low RAM system with a small swap file.

Here’s some info I gathered.

OS Name Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition
Version 5.1.2600 Service Pack 2 Build 2600
OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation

System Manufacturer AWARD_
System Model AWRDACPI
System Type X86-based PC
Processor x86 Family 15 Model 2 Stepping 9 GenuineIntel ~2605 Mhz
BIOS Version/Date Phoenix Technologies, LTD 6.00 PG, 5/30/2003
SMBIOS Version 2.2
Windows Directory C:\WINDOWS
System Directory C:\WINDOWS\system32
Boot Device \Device\HarddiskVolume1
Hardware Abstraction Layer Version = “5.1.2600.2180 (xpsp_sp2_rtm.040803-2158)”
Total Physical Memory 512.00 MB RAM
Available Physical Memory 162.28 MB
Total Virtual Memory 2.00 GB
Available Virtual Memory 1.96 GB
Page File Space 1.22 GB … 387 mb used 867 mb available
Page File C:\pagefile.sys

For this I went c:\AVI\checkvers
Catalyst Control Center 1.2.2425.37188
ATI Display Driver 8.291-060822a-035774C-ATI
WDM Integrated Drivers 1.0.0.1
AVStream T200 Wonder Drivers WDM_AV 1074

Under run: dxdiag display

Name: Radeon 9200 SE family
manufacturer: ATI Tech Inc
Chip: radeon 9200 se agp
dac type: Internal DAC (500 mhz)

Driver: ati2dvag.dll
Version: 6.14.0010.6462
Date: 8/4/2004 (Old driver im guessing?)
Mini VDD: ati2mtag.sys

Telus High Speed Internet (Whatever one it takes to get the free thing right now its like a computer monitor before it was an ipod nano.)

I hope that answers all the different things u all asked

512 mb of ram, not too ■■■■■■ and definitily no 128 mb piece of…

But once again I must say… Sygate NEVER had this issue so why should Comodo?

It can’t be your system… 2.6Ghz with 512Mb ram is plenty good.

The only time I see a slight delay when answering the popups is when my PC is under load. Example, playing a full-screen game on Monitor #1 when the popup appears on Monitor #2… mouse over and click what I want.

I’m going to revert to one of my previous suggestions where it must have something to do with the amount of “stress” it (your PC) was under from other running tasks at that moment…

I think it’s Kaspersky? I had 2 notifications the first one delayed i turned off kaspersky and the 2nd one disapeared in like .5 a second.

Actually nevermind… just tried it while updating a-squared free… turned off kaspersky went to update… comodo popped up and delayed…

At least what you’ve been able to show yourself is that it is intermittent… validating the fact that it must have something to do with the amount of “stress” your PC is under from other running tasks at that moment…

What we have to remember is that although we like to think of our PC’s and Windows as multitasking, we have to remember that most applications are event based. Meaning that they are waiting for a trigger to inspire a refresh of what we see in the GUI. If the PC is busy responding to the timeslice offered another application, the Comodo popup will need to wait for its turn with the CPU and then the GPU.

Myself, I don’t sweat the extra second because my PC seldom running idle.

On the last 5 popups i just clicked allow and not the “remember this” option or whatever it is and it dissapeared right away. All my normal activities were going on.