When will comodo get the hint - Firewall ONLY please

Just installed the latest version of what i thought was Comodo firewall, because all i want is, umm a firewall…

Weird, same installer size as CIS…still havent listened about that

It installed unwanted apps -Chromodo (why you would want a chrome based browser on a PC youre trying to secure beggers belief) & GeekBuddy…both unwanted and unnecessary

HIPS, Sandbox, VirusScope…unwanted and unnecessary

Remember when you could actually get just the Firewall component? Seems a long time ago…

Despite many people asking for just a pure firewall over the years since they mistakenly decided to create an suite (why do people want to ruin a great standalone app with a bloated suite?) seems nothings changed…full of bloated unwanted ■■■■

UPDATE: Removed this, for the last time, as even after disabling all the extra ■■■■ i dont need, i can still see the “unrecognised files” summary creeping up every few seconds…i told the program i didnt want it looking at my files, but still it does…sheesh.

All i wanted was a firewall…off to BiniSoft…let me know when you listen to your users, i might come back.

Well, this user recognises that just a firewall does not provide the level of security required in today’s online world. I am extremely glad that Comodo produce CIS exactly as it as, and even more happy that it’s free. Did nobody ever tell you not to look a gift horse in the mouth?

When the “gift horse” promotes the firewall as sounding like its a standalone (and only) firewall, then its misleading when it fills your system will all the bloat of the entire CIS suite, when you SPECIFICALLY clicked to download the FIREWALL…

So yes, theres a problem with the “gift horse”…

I have my own AV and other security software, and like a lot of people, i dont need or want these when i click FIREWALL on comodos page, totally misleading…

Not sure about HIPS installation, but you do have the option to select what you want to install. I do not install Chromodo, Geek Buddy or any of the other options except AV and Firewall . I think you have to select custom installation. It does seem like they do their best to dissuade you from finding the option to pick and choose but I do believe you can.

http://www.lueckdatasystems.com/system/files/CIS512_Installer_Options_SkipGeekBuddyComodoDragon_003.png

(older version but the newest version still offer similar option)