When can we expect the New Version 3.00?.

No news, bad news…

Any news ???

Still no news. Other projects have pushed CTM3 down the priority list, but it is still on the list.

Ewen :slight_smile:

Is This Project Dead Already?

Then Plz declare it DEad…

It’s not dead. It was extensively delayed by other priorities, but it is still a live development project.

Cheers,
Ewen :slight_smile:

To add to Panic:

But don’t you think its been quite long for anyone to think it lives…

Anyways, I dont think I should hope any releases sooner…

Melih’s quote is pretty recent and indication enough CTM is being worked on.

As long as Melih gives a little piece of crumb every 6 months, people will believe that it it coming.

I’m no expert, but in most lines of work and the practical world anything on hold for more important things well before April 2012 (OP date) equals dead. Some other incarnation may pop up later

But to prove my point if you get close enough to your keyboard and take a good whiff you’ll notice that this project is even beginning to smell dead over the internet.

Unless…they bought another promising program recently released and cursorily no longer for sale.

I don’t think the CEO of a Well-Known Security Software Company would make a statement like the one above if it was not True !

I completely agree.

However, I might start disagreeing if in 6 months or so we are all still waiting and still being told just a little longer or “there’s just one other project ahead of it.”

As I’ve said before, the free software aspect might be slowing it down, so sell the thing for $30 and undercut the other options out there. Make some money and fill a clearly wanted hole in the computer universe with a decent program that’s obviously in demand. People were all over AX__ when it came out and are just waiting for a chance to buy it again once it’s for sale again.

My point is there is no reason why CTM can’t be a money maker–provided it works better than previous versions.

While I agree that Comodo could make some money of off it, I also feel that it goes somewhat against their… hmm goal? Standards? I don’t know the word I’m looking for here, but Comodo has previously (I don’t really know how it was before I joined though) made a product free and then a paid product with a little more functionality.
Hell I would maybe buy it, but it depends on whether it’s better than AX__ or not seeing as I have a license of that… Eagerly waiting for Is_o to explain the situation. :slight_smile:

The explanation is out concerning AX__. CMT should come up with a good program (that works and doesn’t cause almost as many problems as it helps solve, unlike previous versions) and charge a small fee to make it worthwhile, or simply drop it and stop wasting valuable programer time in a pointless direction.

Another option would be tiered pricing - I think it could be an absolute boon to the digital inclusion movement, as well as to personal users.

We’d probably pay a small amount for it if it did exactly what it was supposed to - previous versions were perfect for us, except well they weren’t perfect!

Offering a free or low cost version to charities like ourselves and education (and personal) while requiring commercial users pay a licence fee seems an acceptable plan, especially if it helps it move from vapourware to software. The other options out there simply are too expensive.

I just couldn’t help myself…

It’s not officially declared death. Until further notice I assume the idea of developing CTM further is still lurking around somewhere…

No offense but seriously?

That is the best interpretation I can give for the moment… :-\ Only Melih can tell. Let me send him a pm…

There’s always RollBack Rx Home (free version)
It’s basically the same thing.

I’ve been using it for about a year and it’s saved my a$$ 2 or 3 times.