what's the difference....?

Hi!

I just wanted to know what is the difference between an ice dragon virtualized via cis 6 widget and ice dragon virtualized via virtual mode button.

Is there any difference besides a color change in the ice dragon button at the top?

thanx!

Hi Sigfrid,
No difference either way that I am aware of.

Kind regards.

So virtualized Iced Drogon won’t work w/ CIS v5.12?

no it relies on the sandbox in v6 and greater

Lack of virtualization is o.k. I s’pose; default Drogon, Viserion, Rhaegal - CID - seems robust enough as it is (based on alerts I’ve witnessed that occur).

Furthermore, if permissions for all executables and archive files in %USERPROFILE%\local settings\temp - as user defined User Var %TEMP% - are denied to any executable, the inherent risk posed by drive-by downloads is seriously mitigated; in that respect albeit virtualization is nice, who cares?

Of course such state requires the ability to be toggled; CIS allows one to add & delete user defined file-groups - implementing SysVars in pathnames - in the HIPS functionality for that affect. Even so the ‘P’ in HIPS acronym represents ‘Protection’ as opposed to conventional belief that it represents ‘Prevention’ it nevertheless and that notwithstanding works good lasts long time.