What version do I have?

What version do I have? Do I need to upgrade?

Hello,

Yes you are using the last version of the 2.x series of the firewall.

The latest version is 3.0 which was just released today, if you have a Windows XP or Vista based system it is recommended that you upgrade.

If you are using Windows 2000 then you will need to stick with version 2.4 as version 3.0 does not support Windows 2000.

Justin

Why is that recommended ??? Personaly I think 2.4 does a great job as a firewall, and 3.0 has too many issues to be recommended :-\

Greetz, Red.

You’re right, 2.4 is a great firewall, however 2.4 lacks HIPS, Clean PC Mode, Heuristic Malware Identification, those are just a few of the new features that will help protect you and are not included in version 2.4.

Take a look at this screenshot.

There are those features I mentioned and more. Also Comodo Firewall 3 does not have all of the popups that 2.4 does after installation.

What are some of the issues you are talking about?

Justin

Avast users are having all the issues. Needs to be fixed!

Just look here : https://forums.comodo.com/help_for_v3-b105.0/

Version 2.4 is a stable version :slight_smile: I wouldn’t remommend to update right now :-\

Greetz, Red.

No issues here with avast :-\

Yes 2.4 is a great Firewall, but like I said I have had absolutely no issues with 3.0 :-\

Does that mean, the development of the 2.x series did ended with v2.4.18.184 and there will only be any future v3.x updates ??