What to do if you're infected - eXPerience Rev.2

This must be a False positive. Does it detect the installation files (=setup) or the Bitdefender application itself ?

Xan

I honestly dont know. I am new to Comodo and dont know much bout compturs.
I apoligize in advance… I know my Mozilla FireFox sent a msg that it crashed 3 times last week Installed the new version yesterday.

after i restored the file from quarantine and added it to exeptions, which seems to be working, i ran fullscans with super antispy, malwarebytes, bit defender, comodo, and adaware. everything says my computer is clean but my connection is painfully slow, compared to my neighbour on the same isp.

I am sorry in advance I dont know what those programs are. It seems like comodo should be the 1 stop shop I dont know I am only im traiming mode & have been for cpl months I dont know how to install the comodo program to protect my laptop from crashes and virus especialy the new one coming April 1 2009.
Sorry in advance
kris

Running these additional external scanners is simply another way to further check your system against various other reputable software vendors. Super Anti=spyware and MBAM are particularly good at locating reminents of viruses etc. Each detects more & different things.

Eric

Xan :slight_smile:

You have to check the external download links :wink:

Greetz, Red.

It doesn’t really matter, I’m gonna write a new guide, on of the days.

Thanks,
Xan

Why not disable Windows System Restore too?

Otherwise malwares can replicate themselves every reboot…or i’m wrong? ???

A long discussed thing. When we disable it, and something goes wrong there is no way of repairing it again…

Xan

i turned off system restore before scanning because everything important was backed up, and i have my xp disk for emergencies. a while ago my sisters computer had a trojan which kept comming back, even after norton said it had removed it. i fixed it by deleting all restore points

Sadly, it’s true. Virusses can come back that way. But most AV’s now detect the infected back-ups now also. :slight_smile:

Xan

it was a couple of years ago, i forgot to turn it back on again!

Does BitDefender free run on Vista ?

I really dont know I am new to Comodo… I have windows xp

Hello,

I seem to be having some ‘kido.ih’ virus problems…& not having too much experience, self taught, have been trying to resolve them various ways…kaspersky’s kidokiller resulted (when i was FINALLY able to get CIS to update after various steps - seems maybe going back using system restore to the date at which comodo’s AV was last updated MAY have been what helped) as infected (I’ve quarantined it)…

and so I’m now following the instructions here…BUT bitdefender during setup tells me i should uninstall any other AV i have on the computer - i only use comodo - which picked up kido whereas malwarebytes for example did not…

I’d greatly appreciate any advice - & hope I’ve posted in the right place…

Thanks,

Em.

I wouldn’t uninstal any software to use Bitdefender… This is an old thread you are bumping… A2 is recommended these days instead of Bitdefender, and if you are still infected “hijack this” might do the trick:

Comodo Forum

Thanks a lot Monkey Boy - yes, i just realised that after i posted & have posted further questions on the more recent thread u gave the link to…

hijack this? i thought that was only a program to be able to allow others (more expert than me!) to see what was going on in the computer…i shall look into this further…

Saluti,

Em.