what is up with the huge updates?

This is the second time in a month or so that all my computers running the firewall have to take an update that is over 100MB. It is a big pain, I have EVDO for internet and it isn’t always reliable and if the update fails at all it has to restart from scratch. There has to be an easier way… Is there a way to manually download an update like that and run it on multiple computers? Or transfer the update from one computer to others?

I believe that this may be what you are looking for:
https://forums.comodo.com/anti_virus_faq/where_can_i_download_the_latest_full_av_database-t47164.0.html

If you wanted to download the offline updater here is the link to the thread:
https://forums.comodo.com/feedbackcommentsannouncementsnews-cis/comodo-offline-updater-104333-released-t46077.0.html

Ok, the first link helped me figure out how to copy the base file from the computer that has the most recent download. But I see it says AV download. I only installed the firewall on all my computers. The installation is around 40MB and when checking for updates right after a fresh install with the latest version it says no updates available. But when it updates the version it then seems to have to do the 100MB+ update. Is it updating the AV files that I am not even using? Does the firewall use the base file?

I just checked a fresh install and the base file is only 4.5MB and it says it is up to date.

How do you check the amount of data being downloaded? What updater are you using?

Is it updating the AV files that I am not even using? Does the firewall use the base file?

I just checked a fresh install and the base file is only 4.5MB and it says it is up to date.

You say it “says it is up to date”. How did you check?

I run netlimiter monitor on my computers. It can show how much any program downloaded, with resolution of an hour. I am using the regular update function of the installed comodo firewall.

I check by using the check for updates feature in the installed comodo firewall. It will say no updates are available.

Edit:
Just to clarify, on the computer that I just did a fresh install on, the base file is only 4.5mb. On a computer that has had comodo firewall on it for awhile and taken updates, the base file is 100mb. Both say no updates are available when checked.

How big is the bases.cav in the Scanners folder now?

See my edit to my post above. I must have been editing it about the same time you were replying.
Anyway, to restate it, the fresh install of comodo firewall I just did on a computer only has a 4.5mb base.cav file in the scanners folder. On a computer that has had comodo firewall on it for awhile and taken updates, the base.cav file in the scanners folder is 100mb. When using the check for updates feature, both systems say there are no updates available.

Well I seem to have an issue with copying the base.cav file from an updated computer to another. After doing it the firewall will not remember trusted settings, for instance everything has to get permission every time is runs or goes online no matter how many times I select trusted. Comodo had to be uninstalled and reinstalled :frowning:

So I still have to ask… Why does it update with the huge AV database when I only have the firewall installed?