What is the point of My Pending files for files that no longer exist?

I go into My Pending Files. There are 2 files listed. Those files no longer exist on my system. One was there during an install. The other was a temporary file probably also for an install. Those files are gone.

So just what is CFP going to submit if the files no longer exist? Why does CFP continue to list files that no longer exist? Is there some secret cached copy of those unknown files (unknown to CFP, that is)?

Move, Lookup, and Submit make no sense for files that no longer exist. There are no files to move. There are no files to lookup. And there are no files to submit.

First purge and then remove. If you don’t want pending files then put D+ in train with safe mode.

CPF is informing you that at some point in time those two files were added/deleted on your system.Once you review the files and it is something you expected you can decide what you want to do with them. In your case, you would use the purge button to remove the files from the pending list.

There is currently a bug in the My Pending Files in that it does not show the correct status of deleted files. This is confusing a lot of people and will hopefully be fixed.

Al

It seems stupid and misleading to tell users there are pending submits when there is no possibility to perform the submits because the files no longer exist. It is stupid not to update this list even if only updated when the user chooses to open the window to then review the list.

I shouldn’t have to clean out the ■■■■ that a simple if-then test could perform when the window was opened to check if the files still existed. I shouldn’t have to go wandering through Windows Explorer trying to find these files (because there is no right-click context menu for entries in this pending list) to then discover the files do not exist. The pending list window should not show files that no longer list because, duh, they aren’t pending anymore. Or the pending list window should check if the files do not exist and show that status so the user knows which ones no longer exist and can purge those. It is quite possible that some files still do exist that are listed here while others don’t, so selecting all to purge them is inappropriate.

From what I read in the included program’s help, Purge will scan the files for those that no longer exist and remove them from the list. Okay, but why do I have to do this manually? Until the user reads the help, Purge and Remove are vacuous button labels as to what they will do. I figured Purge meant to delete files and Remove was to remove from the list whichever entries were currently selected (which would be independent of purging the files from the disk). Nope, that’s not what those buttons do.

So I can manually update this pending file list to remove the currently non-existent files. Still stupid. This operation should be automatic. That’s why users get code (whether they wrote it themself or acquire it from someone else) so they don’t have to do the work manually.

Thanks for the tip. I did have to read the help to figure out what Purge does because the intuitive assumption (of purging files) was wrong.