What is IPClient.exe? tried to send to Comodo but "error compressing file"

Hi all:

I am new to Comodo. I am using Earthlink dial-up ISP and get a message regarding denying or allowing IPClient.exe. Comodo tells me it is in my Earthlink Folder and is a file apparently developed by Visual Networks. Comodo further informs me IPClient.exe has something to do with “IP session statistics”.

I clicked on the “send to Comodo” link but got an error message that said something about there was an error compressing the file and it stopped there.

I have sent the file to www.virustotal.com and it comes back clean. What does IPClient do and am I safe to allow it on the pop-up screen?

Thank you.

It seems OK, based on googling and hunting around Earthlinks site.

Have you asked Earthlnk to verify that it’s OK?

Ewen :slight_smile:

Thank you Ewen:

Correct me if I’m wrong, but if these files are coming up clean according to www.virustotal.com, I should be OK, right?

Also, do you have an explanation as to why the “send to Comodo for analysis” link gave me that “error compressing file” message? I tried it a few times with the same response.

Should be OK, but take normal precautions.

Also, do you have an explanation as to why the "send to Comodo for analysis" link gave me that "error compressing file" message? I tried it a few times with the same response.

I would go to http://support.comodo.com (the official support centre), register and lodge a support ticket on this. When they come back with an answer, can you please post the results back here for the benefit of others.

Cheers,
Ewen :slight_smile: