What happened to Backup??

I’ve been using Comodo Backup Free since XP.

I downloaded 4.0.7.14 to use on my Win 7 machine. It’s horrible. I’ve been fighting the UI.

All I want to do is tell the app what kind of backup to make, what to backup, where to put it, and how often do it. That’s it. I don’t want it guessing for me what I want to backup. I don’t want it telling me where to put it and I don’t want it making it impossible to run a schedule!

From the beginning, I have to figure out how to create a custom backup, instead of canned one.

Then, how about making sure that the backup type matches the backup format. Don’t change the type on me if I change the format. Finally, I’m done choosing all my sources.

Now, it tells me what folder to put it in. DON’T DO THAT!! If I tell you put into a BACKUP folder, don’t add another folder name to it!

When I think I’m done, I’m looking for the scheduler. It’s not on the last screen with all those other options. I keep looking and looking. I go to online help. It tells me to click the Scheduler icon. But I can’t find it anywhere. I finally find the unmarked icon at the bottom of the screen. So I set it.

At the top of the screen, in small type, it asks me if I want to Add as Custom Profile. Glad I found it. At the bottom of the screen, I see the unlabeled Save icon, right next to the unlabeled Schedule icon, so I save it and think everything is OK. I click on Backup Now, and look at my backup folder. It’s still writing that stupid extra folder I didn’t ask for!!

When I go looking at the Scheduler again, the timing looks like it hasn’t been saved!! What is going on? Why aren’t things being saved as I’ve asked it to??

Use COMODO Time Machine.

Link: http://download.comodo.com/ctm/download/setups/client_setup_2.8.155286.178.exe

It can take snapshots of your system I’ve attached the Instruction Manuel for more info.

Hope this works out for you.

Beta Version: http://download.comodo.com/ctm/download/setups/client_setup_2.9.161985.187.exe

[attachment deleted by admin]

Hi eddie.lucas18,
Without getting into details of the initial request … why would you even suggest using CTM?
CTM is absolutely different product, that has nothing to do with backing up your data
The questions by jimmy371 were about Comodo’s Backup (CB)

My regards

Just thought I mention it because you can recover any lost files or data by opening a snapshot that was taken in the past. :slight_smile:

Thank you for your feedback Jimmy.
We are working to improve the user interface.

We had similar complains from users using version 3.x or 4.x
The next major version will contain major improvements.

Thanks

just out of curiosity will the next release be a minor or major release?

thanks

A minor release (4.1) which will contain UI usability improvements.

Thanks

thanks, looking forward to the release

Thank you for the reply, but why fiddle with simplicity?

I realize that some people just want to close their eyes and hope for the best when using backup software. They click “Save My Documents”, point to some directory, and expect everything else to happen magically.

OTOH, those 4 things I asked for - how, what, where, & when - should be easy to use. All I wanted to do is create an incremental backup, using copy file, choosing a list of directories to backup into a specific directory every 15 minutes. I suppose you could rearrange the UI to ask for what, where, how, & when.

I realize marketing people want stuff to look spiffy with skins and everything. I just want it to work like it did in V2.

We just had to try some different approaches and we good feedback which was sometimes good, sometimes bad.
I think the 4.1 version will be a great step in the right direction and hope we will hear from you as soon as it’s released.

Thanks