What Game Mode do?

I’ve read the help files and the information was not clear to me. When i check game mode, the firewall switch to learn mode, or game mode looks like training mode, but only suppress the messages?

Game Mode – Switches CIS 2011 to Game Mode to enable you to play your games without any interruptions from various alerts in your computer. The operations that can interfere with users’ gaming experience are either suppressed or postponed.

In game mode:

• Defense+/Firewall alerts are suppressed as if they are in training mode;
  • AV database updates and scheduled scans are postponed until the gaming is over;
  • Automatic isolation of unknown applications and real-time virus detection are still functional.

Deactivate Game Mode to resume alerts and scheduled scans.

What is not clear about this?

I´ll try to clarify my doubt. ???

Defense+/Firewall alerts are suppressed as if they are in training mode;
Looks like training mode, but it´not training mode, correct?

AV database updates and scheduled scans are postponed until the gaming is over;
ok

Automatic isolation of unknown applications and real-time virus detection are still functional.
So, if the game mode is not the training mode, the defense+/firewall is still functional, and potential “underground” files or request could be blocked, even without the messages, correct?
If this is correct, something can be blocked during game play and we can get some problem, even without the messages.

So, before the existence of game mode, we have to put the defense+/Firewall in training mode, play the games for a while and turned back to safe mode. If game mode is only a message supression, it doesn´t replace training mode and the previous procedure must be followed to unlock all necessary files to the game.
So, what´s the real point of game mode? It makes sense in antivirus, not in firewall (i´m only using the firewall).
Thanks for the help.

Correct. In Game Mode the messages are only suppressed. In Training Mode the Firewall & Defense+ also monitor and learn the activity of all executables and create automatic ‘Allow’ rules.

During the time that CIS in Training Mode, any threats will be given full access to your computer since CIS creates automatic ‘Allow’ rules. You should only use Training Mode if you are 100% sure that your computer is clean. Game Mode is safer, because unknown applications/threats will be isolated.

Hopefully this clarifies it a bit :slight_smile:

So game mode is like sandbox? I’m trying to understand what is happening when the firewall is on game mode.

If I’m reading the previous entries correctly, it’s something like this.

When Comodo is in “game mode”, it does the following:

1. It suppresses any alerts that might pop up, asking for information on whether or not to allow the game you’re playing to perform various tasks - e.g., accessing the monitor/keyboard/mouse, connecting to the Internet, and/or executing other programs (such as an updater).

2. Any scheduled updates (e.g. virus definition downloads or program patches) are postponed so as not to interrupt the game.

3. While the game is allowed to perform whatever tasks necessary to run properly, anything else - such as new programs that are not part of the game, or old programs that have never been run before - are not allowed to perform whatever tasks they might want to perform (so, if they want to access the Internet, the firewall will block them - but not the game).

(Disclaimer: I am not Comodo staff, this is merely a hypothesis based on observed behavior and official commentary. If I am mistaken, feel free to correct me.)

I found this post (https://forums.comodo.com/empty-t63234.0.html) about game mode and it looks like everything is allowed during in this mode. So, please comodo, clarified what happens when game mode is activated.