What exactly is safe surf?

I had no idea where to put this so here seemed good.

What exactly is safe surf. There is absolutely no information about what it does anywhere. The only info on the web is how to remove it, but i want to know what it is and what it does.
Thanks

Hello welcome to the forums.

https://forums.comodo.com/empty-t24180.0.html

And please use the search button first on this website in the future before asking an already answered question! :slight_smile:

[attachment deleted by admin]

I found a tiny bit of info about it (safe surf), but it makes no sense. It says you can search/purchase things thru safe surf. But safe surf is nothing more than a small box that says:
disable protection on all applications
enable protection on all applications except thoes added below.

There is no way to do any searching of anykind with this. SO what is it really?

Please retain from flaming me, It’s not necessary. I’m trying to help you.

I’m not sure whether or not you read the full post, but that clearly explains what it does.

A. Apart from helping comodo a little bit by using Safe Search… You get buffer overflow protection.

schwartr post has been moved to Policy Violation Board.

To all member who are willing to take part in this community please follow Comodo Forum Policy

Comodo Search Toolbar with Safesurf Technology is composed of two different elements (They can be uninstalled separately):

ASK Toolbar: Comodo Search toolbar based on ask.com infrastructure. Ask search engine is also the default Opera 9.50 speeddial search engine.
Comodo Safesurf: CMF BO protection technology. It can be configured using the Safesurf button on IE Comodo search toolbar (I cannot test FF toolbar as it doesn’t work with FF3) or a corresponding icon in the tray area.
Safesurf Icon is

You can find Safesurf related files in [b]%Program Files%\COMODO\SafeSurf[/b]
You can download a test to check how BO protection technology works in Buffer Overflow Testing Application topic (the first two tests may be trapped by MS DEP).

BTW if you find that an existing sticky doesn’t answer your related questions please try asking the originary writer.

That info topic you read explicitely mentioned this.

This way it would be possible to improve the existing resources. At the same time all members are encouraged to write tutorials and info documents and PM a moderator to make them available to other members.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Its when theres no sharks about and the waves are little ;D

Sorry couldn`t resist !ot! (:TNG)

im sure the answer to my question is out there but i cant find it so here goes…How do you remove all of safe surf? its not listed in “add or remove prograns” in advance Thank you.

Add/Remove “Ask Toolbar”.

https://forums.comodo.com/help_for_v3/full_removal_of_comodo_firewall_pro_3_with_safesurf_toolbar_if_regular_uninstall_method_fails-t17220.0.html