What do the checkboxes mean?

When going through the various configuration windows, you encounter screens which have a list of things in them with a checkbox beside each one. What does a check or noncheck mean?

For just one example, in the HIPS Rules screen, if none of the rules are checked ON, is that rule not active? And similar question for all the other screen with such checkboxes.

The shortest answer is: if its not checked its not enabled.

The longer version of the short answer is: on any window that you’re on, there’s a qwexion mark in the upper right corner. Click it and it opens the hep-cat on-line manual. The web-page that’s displayed will be the relevant information for that particular window that’s currently in focus. In the left panel of the hep-cat manual is table of contents.

If you can’t be bothered to read the manual, then you’ll have to take a screen shot, and then upload it and take a chance that somebody can be bothered to reply.

I meant that nicely, m’kay?

check x = on
noncheck =off

if none of the rules are checked ON, is that rule not active? about the rules ; you check X , then options are open : you can edit it or add or change or delete

pls read the guide_thx.

This is NOT correct.

The boxes are there to select multiple rules to delete them etc. They dont activate or deactive the rules

hello dear global moderator,

check on & off is about another topic with the same person : you are confusing the answers because you are not following the dialogue between movshar & Wxman & me … that it was few hours ago …

you check X , then options are open : you can edit it or add or change or delete = correct !

i notice you add nothing to this post that it can irritate the users (3 = us) except a misunderstanding and a aggressive attitude.

Thanks

Please read the first post again I have marked the section it appears you did not notice, and change your attitude.

Thank you

Dennis

In all Rules screens (Hips/Firewall) there are no boxes checked but all rules are active.

Please note where it is a actual setting screen, and boxes are unticked these options are not active.

Dennis