What About Spyware That Already Has A Foothold?

Cat got your tongue? ;D
Please elaborate for the benefit of others.

Hi Allan

The link I posted was to the free ‘light’ version of Zerospyware.Some of the real-time monitoring capabilities are missing from this version but it’s still very functional.

I use Superantispyware myself and highly recommend it,however I’ve found that traces of some variants of Smitfraud/Zlob can be left behind by it.This was some time ago,however and it’s possible that the latest version has resolved it.

Sure Here’s one place that has a set of instructions for Zlob removal

(there are others)

It’s Alright!

SUPERAntiSpyware Free

Smitfraud:
Definition Update History

Zlob:
Definition Update History

SUPERAntiSpyware (recent edition)

Glad to see that it’s on top of the situation Superantispyware is a fine utility. :BNC

Still no joy… It was a nice thought but in a recent test… it still did not resolve the issue…

You need a MUCH more aggressive anti spyware system in order to clean out this infestation.

I reccomend Spy Sweeper OR Spyware Doctor 4.1

Spysweeper is here : www.webroot.com

Spyware Doctor is here : Official Site | Norton™ - Antivirus & Anti-Malware Software

One of those should work.

I have had success removing “smit” type infections with the “Smitrem” tool found here:
http://noahdfear.geekstogo.com/
You download and extract the files, then boot into safe mode and run the “RunThis.bat” file WHILE in safe mode. This cleaner will leave your desktop blank, so remember where you kept your desktop picture and put it back on when the tool is finished… I have used it many times on customer computers with excellent results.

Hello, I’m not new here, but it’s my first posting. The problem with the smitfraudfix tool you just mentioned is that you won’t exactly know what it does, I think, or, do you? I did a test run on my old PC and the registry tools almost went mad… By the way, there seem to be many different versions of this smitfraudfix tool around, they notably differ in kb size, though there is no version mentioned in most cases.
I would rather stick to emsisoft a-squared free or AVG antispyware free to get rid of such a nasty, really (first update them, then restart in safe mode using F8 at boot, then do a thourough scan). I know, many people at Wilders Security and even here are tending to promote SuperAntiSpyware for the last months, but, really, it never found anything on my Comp, while both of the aforementioned did, in rather great number, without being FP’s.

Yours truly

The Rebol.

Hi Allan.

Sorry I didn’t notice your question :-[

Maybe you are right, but lets say Spybot S&D is an old sweethart I can’t get loose from :-\

Greetz, Red.