weird ugly font

So i made a clean install, installing the latest win 10 1607 build 14393.10.

Restored all my extensions and settings with hekasoft backup and restore program, but now many pages have a weird ugly tiny font?

Does anyone know why?

Hi fungus303,
See if the following helps.

Kind regards.

Thanks. That had been bugging me too for the two times a week I start the Chromium based Comodo browsers. It looks much better.

Hi Eric,
I am not sure why Comodo is still disabling ‘DirectWrite’ by default. ???

It looks as if the option to disable it maybe removed from version 52, which makes sense to me.

Kind regards.

Interesting observation. Last night I also applied the following suggestion:

Today I played a bit with the disable-direct-write setting in Chromodo just to check things. And low and behold the font issue is no longer there regardless of the disable-direct-write setting. The same thing is true for Dragon.

It looks like the issue may be with an older or corrupted font cache file.

Thanks for this information Eric, it could help other users with the issue.
I am not personally experiencing the issue, so deleting the cache file had no affect here.
Disabling/Enabling DirectWrite does change the fonts slightly on my system, but not to a great extent.

Thanks.

It makes deleting the cache file a useful step when dealing problems with fonts.The difference before and after was night and day.

Disabling/Enabling DirectWrite does change the fonts slightly on my system, but not to a great extent.

Thanks.

I thought I had noticed that last night while playing with the parameter.

Thank you so much! That fixed my problem.

I need to remember this when i format and do a clean install!