Webroot SecureAnywhere issue with Comodo firewall.

I have searched for this and have not found anything, so if I have missed it, I apologize.  My system is a fresh install of Windows 7 Pro 64 bit.  New install of Comodo firewall version 6.3.302093.2976, HIPS and Sanbox disabled, Webroot SecureAnywhere Internet Security Plus, and Malwarebytes Pro.  I have dealt with Webroot support and it looks like the issue was narrowed down to something going on between Comodo and Webroot.
 Everything works well except for one part of the Webroot software.  When I select Utilities settings, Reports, View statistics, and then try to select any of the available reports, the program crashes.  I get a pop up stating, "The exception unknown software exception (0x......) occurred in the application at location 0x........  Click OK to terminate the program."  I have tried with MB Pro uninstalled and no difference.  When I uninstall Comodo, everything works as it should with Webroot.
 As I stated it is not a major issue unless one really wishes to view the individual reports.  If anyone has any insights into this it would be appreciated.

That so sounds like a sandbox/HIPS problem, but you say you’ve got those disabled.

If you disable the Comodo Firewall as well (which I think will mean every component of Comodo is disabled), do you get the same crash?
If it works, then maybe there’s a firewall rule that’s causing the problem.

Anything else left in Comodo to disable?

Sanbox and HIPS are disabled. I tried disabling the firewall out of curiosity after reading your reply, but the Webroot program still crashed. Uninstalled the firewall and no crashes. No rules or anything that I can find in sandbox, HIPS, or the firewall that concerns the Webroot program, except for the rules that I have previously classified it as a trusted application. It is confusing since I am not seeing an apparent cause for this. Thank you for your reply.

Try adding the WSA installation folder, or executable responsible for that certain task, to the Exclusions of Detect shellcode injections (i.e. Buffer overflow protection). Does that help?

No, unfortunately that did not help. Thanks for the suggestion though.

I have two more questions before I will call it a bug.

First one is ss always to make sure there are no leftovers of security programs you had installed in the past. A possible left over can cause all sort of “strange effects”. Please run clean up tools for all security programs you had in the past. A list can be found here at the Eset website: ESET Knowledgebase .

The second is one is to temporarily uninstall MBAM Pro. This is to see MBAM Pro is involved in the compatibility issue.

This was a clean wipe and fresh install of Windows 7 Pro 64. There were no other programs installed previously such as any other anti virus/malware or firewalls. I have tried with Malwarebytes Pro uninstalled and traces cleaned from the system completely. I have tried different scenarios with each individual software being the only one on the system and different combinations of the three being installed together. When Webroot support looked at my system logs that I sent them, they assumed that there was some kind of issue between their software and Comodo. I have to assume the same since it only happens with those two being installed and without MBAM on the system. MBAM and Webroot together without Comodo installed have no problems working as they should. I am very computer literate and whenever I uninstall software, especially security related software, I clean all traces of it, such as registry, folders, etc. I don’t know everything though. I wanted to ask for advice and opinions on this as it may be a bug. Thanks for the input and assistance.

I am calling this a bug. If you have the time and energy please consider filing a bug report in the Bug Reports - CIS board following the format as described in FORMAT & GUIDE - just COPY/PASTE it!.

Reporting of bugs is strictly moderated to make sure Comodo gets clear bug reports. So, please make sure you closely follow protocol. That way your report will certainly be seen by Comodo staff.