WebKit2WebProcess.exe and xpcom.dll

Hello. Is it possible to on accident delete these files using the firewall because my Safari browser won’t start up and I get the message that says the xpcom.dll is missing from my computer. I’ve tried almost everything to get it back, but I still get the message. Should I try to reinstall my firewall and see if I’m able to get the program running again?

I’d try reinstalling the browser since it was damage by something. Do you get any pop ups from CIS when you try to launch the browser?

I tried reinstalling the browser many times to no avail and the first time I always received popus from Comodo, but now I’m not getting them anymore.

Do you still have the Defense+ logs from the first run?

well I think the defense plus logs only tell me that it sandboxed the installer which doesn’t really make sense because I was able to install it no problem.

OH YEA!!! The firewall was indeed the culprit just as I expected. I must have purposely without knowing hit something in my firewall that kept Safari browser from working and giving me a missing dll message. I knew something was up because I didn’t mess with the dll settings. So, I uninstalled Safari fist, then the firewall. Then I reinstalled the firewall, put it to the settings I had it on before and then re installed Safari. I opened it up and it came on and then I went to the options menu which was where I received the error and it never showed up again. I’m just glad it wasn’t something with my computer.

A firewall doesn’t block files or monitor installs, that what the defense+ module does.

well I think the defense plus logs only tell me that it sandboxed the installer which doesn't really make sense because I was able to install it no problem.

This answers your problem, if the installer was sand boxed that’s the most probable reason for why files are missing, because it wasn’t in the expected location, instead it was in the virtualroot.