2. The full product and its version e.g. COMOOD Firewall 7.0.308911.4080
COMODO Internet Security Premium Beta 7.0.308911.4080
3. Your Operating System (32 or 64 bit) and Service Pack revision. and if using a virtual machine, which one.
Windows 8.1 64bit (Real system i.e no VM used)
4. List all the configuration changes you did. Are you using Default configuration? If no, whats the difference?
No, more differences than I have time to write down, will attach my configuration file.
5. Did you install over a previous version without uninstalling first, or import a previous configuration file? (please try to avoid doing these things until we are told it is safe)
No and No, Clean install and started on a new configuration.
6. Other Security, Sandboxing or Utility Software Installed
OpenDNSCrypt | Zemana AntiLogger Free
7. Step by step description to reproduce the issue. Or if you cannot reproduce it, what you actually did before it happened, step by step.
Video demonstration: HTTPS website not blocked by CIS Web Filter - YouTube
[ol]- Create a new category called “Test HTTPS”
[li]Add these websites to the new category (Several for redundancy):
Set up a new rule called “Test HTTPS”
[li]Add the “Test HTTPS” Category to the rule.
- Add the user to the restrictions and set it to blocked.
- Save the settings by clicking OK on all relevant windows.
- Go to https://i.imgur.com/cfgju15.png (It won’t be blocked)
- Go to http://i.imgur.com/cfgju15.png (It will be blocked)
- As we see on step 4 HTTPS sites are not blocked even if rules specifically say to block them.[/ol]
8. What actually happened when you carried out these steps
HTTPS website was allowed when there were specific rules to block it. (HTTP website was blocked)
9. What you expected to see or happen when you carried out these steps, and why (if not obvious)
I expected the HTTPS website to be blocked as the HTTP website.
[attachment deleted by admin]