We need more attendance from COMODO employees !

Thank you, Melih for official confirmation :slight_smile:

Isnt that what Mods do?
Answer questions regarding bugs and etc…
Remember they have access to hidden boards were all info is published beforehand…
Almost every post has a reply from a Mod.

Thhis should be fine .
Not wasting devstime,
but receiving info frmo mods

Yeah, just give us the work 88)

Xan

Monitoring can be done by the Mods as well. Make a seperate part in the Mods bord where the Mods points the Devs to issues that needs to be reviewed. The advantage for the Devs is that they don’t have to monitor the whole forum, and for the Members that they get an answer faster.

Greetz, Red.

Mods don’t always know what the devs are doing. The devs could be readying a CIS release for tomorrow, but the mods don’t know.

:-TU

You guys seem to forget (always…) the same thing. We’re just normal users like you !!! How can we know what’s real/urgent and what’s not. What can be implemented and what not ? What is needed and what not ? What is already researched and what not ?

…

Xan

It’s a matter of organisation Xan, NOT a matter of knowledge :wink:

Greetz, Red.

As jeremy already said, isn’t that what the devs are already doing (or should be doing :-X ;D).
After those steps, (which are necessary for all bug fixes) are completed, then a simple confirmation would really help.

:slight_smile:

So you guys would like such confirmation like in the malware research board ???

Xan

Exactly. A short, sweet, and to the point reply. :wink:

I do… and I started the very first wish thread… at every start of a new version, we collate all those wishlists and pick and choose the ones that should be going into next version…

Melih

But Melih, the fact that one of your own ( new ) Mods started this topic, should tell you that maybe your Mods think that there is room for improvement ??? Like I said before, I don’t think the Devs have to spend more time on the forum if the Mods will filter important issues for them :slight_smile:

Greetz, Red.

Everything is important and every sujestion is usefull to somebody, so how could we filter everything ?

Xan

I don’t think so. Mods are not only helpers, but also intermediates between the Users and the Developers. You should be capable to judge what needs to have immediately attention ( for example a serious bug ) from the Devs, and what not ( for example a minor glitch in the gui ).

Greetz, Red.

Mods are not only helpers, but also intermediates between the Users and the Developers.
Another common misunderstanding. Most of the time, we don't have any more information nor more contact with developers as you guys have. The only difference is that we have Melih, who gives us updates and information from time to time ( :-TU). The easiest way to see if your bug got noticed and taken care of is when installing the next version. We have pm'ed developers in the past about urgent and problematic bugs, but we don't like to. Devs need their time and we try to respect and don't misuse our "power" given to us to much.

See ya,

Xan

Than there is a big communication gap beteen the forum and Comodo. You can’t expect from Mods that they have the knowledge to answer/solve every issue on the forum. In my opinion there should be always a way to adress important issues to the Devs on a daily base, and that doesn’t have to take much time from them. In fact I am sure it will safe them time after all !

Greetz, Red.

That’s what I’m talking about and that’s why I created this thread. :slight_smile:

You can't expect from Mods that they have the knowledge to answer/solve every issue on the forum.
That's why we have different types of moderators. Some of them are really good programmers, others are good at other things... In the end, we mods do have some knowledge of almost everything, sometimes little knowledge, sometimes a lot ..., most of the times enough (:s*)
In my opinion there should be always a way to adress important issues to the Devs on a daily base
That's why we have the bug report topic! That's why we have the wishlist! That's why we have the discussion topics ! Developers [b]are[/b] looking at them and taking them into account. But we can't expect them to stay on the forums trying to help everyone out and in the meantime developing CIS further ?! I prefer we keep 1 guy, the teamleader who looks at the bugs, see's what's important and passes them on to his team !
and that doesn't have to take much time from them
If one get's helped, why shouldn't they help the next one ? And the next one ? And the next one ? When they would do that they would be on the forums for the rest of their lives...

Don’t take this as a direct offence, I would like to see some more feedback of the developers also, even a simple thank you would be good, but, they have no life already ;D :stuck_out_tongue: (no offence guys ;D)

Xan

Xan, I don’t say the Devs should be more on the forum, posting, helping people etc. That is mainly a task for the Mods, we do agree about that I think. But why not implement an issue list for every product in the Mods forum part, where you Mods can refer to issues that realy needs the Devs immediate attention ? How much time would it take for them to read and answer that ?

Greetz, Red.

Sigh, were are the other mods when you need them. 88) (just kidding)

How much time would it take for them to read and answer that ?
As much time as they would need to analyze all problems reported and post a thanks post...

Xan