WARNING: not to install v5.5

Event ID: 7001

Description:
The DNS Client service depends on the TCP/IP Protocol Driver service which failed to start because of the following error:
A device attached to the system is not functioning.

Event ID: 7000

Description:
The HTTP service failed to start due to the following error:
The system cannot find the file specified.

Description:
The Windows Event Collector service depends on the HTTP service which failed to start because of the following error:

Event ID: 7023

Description:
The Windows Firewall/Internet Connection Sharing (ICS) service terminated with the following error:

Event ID: 7026

Description:
The following boot-start or system-start driver(s) failed to load: Tcpip

Description:
The TCP/IP Protocol Driver service failed to start due to the following error: The system cannot find the file specified.

Description:
The Network Location Awareness (NLA) service depends on the TCP/IP Protocol Driver service which failed to start because of the following error: The system cannot find the file specified.

Description:
The TCP/IP Protocol Driver service failed to start due to the following error:

Description:
The Network Location Awareness (NLA) service depends on the TCP/IP Protocol Driver service which failed to start because of the following error:

YOU recover from that, HOW?

Looks like your TCP/IP stack, for what ever reason, got borked. Two things to try:

To reset the TCP/IP protocol back to defaults by replacing the key registry components use:

netsh interface ip reset

If that doesn’t completely work, you can also try repairing winsock:

netsh winsock reset

V5.4 works.

Perhaps its my O/S, i.e., Win Server 2003 R2, perhaps its because v5.5 is horked.

Every single time v5.4 AV update is notified, I can update W/v5.5 its worse than a ■■■■ shoot.

With v5.4 there’s a means to intall the latest AV defs manually; with v5.5 not so much. At least not from what I’ve been able to discern. Installed v5.5 got horked just by backing up the scanners/bases.cav file. The TCP/IP stack got ■■■■■■■ up because CIS balked at the AV defs file after a clean install and manually updating the AV defs file out of scanners/bases;.cav archive made either in safe mode (or out of an unmounted drive off of a dual-booted XP system).

Speaking of AV defs file manual download, back in Jun (or May) 14th, 2011, I couldn’t downlaod a valid copy of the bases.cav file for FOUR days. FINALLY I was able to download a copy of the AV defs that would pass the WinRAR test.

Since you guys updated to v5.5, the auto AV defs updates is a nightmare; TCP /IP corruption aforementioned can be expected.

I’ve disabled update notification. Should you guys releases v5.6 I’ll try it. For what its worth: you should eliminate v5.5 and call it v6.0; in such case I’ll try it again when you release v6.1.
Perhaps you guys are eliminating support for WinXP (of any version).

If I’m experiencing problems w/v5.5 SO ARE OTHER PEOPLE.

Oh, and by the bye, I had problems downloading the manual update for the AV defs manually back in Jun (or May) 14, 2011. It took foour days to resolve that problem. And just so you konw: the copy of CIS v5.5 offered at CIS web-site downloads for 60MB is corrupt.

The 30MB copy of v5.5 available at FileHippo
does install. The 60MB copy of v5.4 I downloadd from CIS ias likewise corrupt. Luckily I had a Ghost image with a wroking copy of v5.4 to fall back on. To see SIS act like a virus is extremley aggravating; iCIS is s’poda protect us from malware: not ACT like malware.

CIS is not supported on the Server platform, so you use it at your own risk.

The worst thing about v5.5 is that after updating the AV defs, and I run Ultimate Defrag v3, CIS v5.5 AV defs are horked - v0 - and this adversely impacts HIPS (which ultimately results in the TCP /IP stack corrupt).

QWEXION: if TCP/IP stack was corrupted due to inherent system files missing / corrupt essential to TCP/IP services, wouldn’t sfc /scannow discover and recctify that? It did not.

I’m running v5.4 until I can ascertain that CIS updates work.

OR - I’ll even posit thiis - the latest MS .NET updates broke CIS somehow for Win 2003 R2 exclusively.

Maybe. Maybe. But there IS a serious problem with v5.5 (and Win 2003 Server R2 IS a brother or siister of WinXP SP3). I have SQL, VS 2008, Server 2003, Java JDK et alii all installed on my system. ALL that one neophyte user needs to see is ONE of those errors and they’re gone forever. I’m still here.

Roger that. Stop advertising it as such.

Based on your information, I’m looking for another product now.

Can you show me where it ‘advertises’ as being supported on the Windows Server platform, please.

I’m stunned that you’re actually contesting Server 2003 support.

Please standby-

EDIT: I’m not even going to waste my time looking up links.

If your defense is that you’ve NEVER supported Win 2003, then I’m absolutely in support of ALL of your detrracrtors.

For EVERY single argument they’ve ever made against CIS, you’ve just suggested it MAY be true.

As far as I’m aware, CIS is not officially supported on the server platform. You replied “Roger that. Stop advertising it as such” If that is the case, my reply would have been incorrect, as such I asked you to provide a link where it clearly states support for the server platform.

Please standby-

EDIT: I’m not even going to waste my time looking up links.

If your defense is that you’ve NEVER supported Win 2003, then I’m absolutely in support of ALL of your detrracrtors.

I don’t have any affiliation with Comodo, I’m merely stating what I believe to be true. CIS will istall on the server platform and it will run, but as far as I’m aware there is no official support. Please correct me if I’m wrong.

For EVERY single argument they've ever made against CIS, you've just suggested it MAY be true.

Don’t take my word for it, as I’m only a user like you. in fact, I’d be quite happy to see official support for the server platform.

Please calm down WxMan1. Please notice that Radaghast is not a Comodo employee nor is he officially representing Comodo; he is trying to help you.

CIS does not support the Windows Server platforms. There are posts here at the forums suggesting CIS could work on Server platform but it is not a given.

I am happy you had a Ghost image to restore your system to a previous state but that also means there is no way of knowing what happened to your system thus nullifying all possible criticism you may have. We will never know what happened; for all I know your system was infected…

I appreciate your feed back Eric.

You state that CIS does not support any Windows server O/S. I’m serious as a heart attack: Comodo has ALWAYS advertized support of Server 2003 until now.

I came upon Comodo back in Mar 2010 entirely due to Comodo advertisement.

It would appear we have broken ranks, i.e., Win 2003 and WinXp SP3.

Dunno, are you suporting WinXP SP3 anymore? You DO know that Win 2003 R2 is code-base is derived from Win XP x64?

I hope hope that we can see eye-to-eye…

Truly, I’d hate to go to the “Dark Side”.

Even though Server editions are derived from and close to the non server versions of Windows CIS was never developed to support Server editions.

I don’t know where you saw advertised it would work on Server environment. Was is on a Comodo web site or a third party’s site?

Comodo is fully supporting XP for CIS (and many other products). Minimum requirement for XP is to have SP2 installed; that means SP3 works too.

Please notice I am not a Comodo employee. I am an end user with no other affiliation to Comodo then being enthusiast about their products.

When it comes to see eye to eye; it looks like you are coming down. I am happy to see that.

It is my frank opiinion that Comododo is behind the 8-ball AFTER the recent .NET updates.

Is it going to take my buying a paid version of Comodo to get support? I’m going to want that support. If you guys made deciision to not suipport server Windows after v5.4.x…

I’m not asking for “support”; I need software that works.

I’ll buy software v5.5 that works on Win 2003 that works…

Are you guiys good at WIlders? I’ve already petitionioned my concerns…

??? Only explain this when you have not Ghosted evidence away. For all we know you were infected or so… (:NRD)

I understand you are frustrated but don’t rehash what you already stated and vented earlier in this topic. When choosing to rehash the only eye to eye we will have is a truly angry and evil frown from me … Tread carefully after this… :P0l

Is it going to take my buying a paid version of Comodo to get support? I'm going to want that support. If you guys made deciision to not suipport server Windows after v5.4.x...
Since CIS never supported Server editions I see no use in getting paid support.
I'm not asking for "support"; I [u]need [/u] software that works.

I’ll buy software v5.5 that works on Win 2003 that works…

I am afraid I can’t help you here. I don’t know if and what other firewalls will work on Server platform.

Are you guiys good at WIlders? I've already petitionioned my concerns...
How do you mean? Wilders is a big community and you will find various types of opinions about Comodo there.

EricJH,

You said:

Only explain this when you have not Ghosted evidence away. For all we know you were infected or so…

Sir, I’ve used NOTHING but CIS since Feb 2010 - when installaling Win 2003 for the first time - until present day. Subsequently, Comodo no longer supports the O/S (after I make reference to its CIS new rele4ase shortcomings).

Its possible that booting into dual-boot O/S created wNO IP access whatsoever is responsible.

That being said, I AM currrently looking for a product that is suffiently robutst to support Win 2003.

WxMan1, perhaps you need Endpoint Security Manager (ESM supports Server 2003/2008). There is a new closed BETA due for ESM shortly, you can apply for BETA testing here.

No, you are incorrect. The server OS’s have never been supported. This is not a new thing…

If you don’t believe me, you can look at this wishlist post from 3 years ago asking for it to be supported.

Windows Servers 2003/2008/2008 R2 Support

As has already been stated, there have been posts around that some people have said it works fine, but it’s never been listed in the system requirements. In other words, not supported.

You DO know that Win 2003 R2 is code-base is derived from Win XP x64?

Even though the kernel and driver model are almost identical between 2003 and XP - the reason CIS will install and run - there are fundamental differences at higher layers between the Operating systems.

Sir, I've used NOTHING but CIS since Feb 2010 - when installaling Win 2003 for the first time - until present day. Subsequently, Comodo no longer supports the O/S (after I make reference to its CIS new rele4ase shortcomings).

Actually, CIS will still run on 2003 - just installed on a test machine (see image) - but as I and others have said, it has never been officially supported on that platform. As you appear to have encounter some problems, I’d guess they’re related to your set-up. So, If you’d like to describe, in detail, which applications/server services you’re running, I will try to duplicate the problem here.

[attachment deleted by admin]

To HeffeD:

I’m an NOW your worst enemy. You have NEVER seen ANYBODY as vehemntly opposed to COMODO products as I.

So you have some nerve.

In fact, since you are so foind of just arbitrarily dropping support: delete ALL of my posts. I have NO interest to share my knowlege of your poor, pathetic and contemptible piece of slag software.

You have some extremely arrogant nerve.

I have as of this time 244 posts, 5 stars and am Comodo Hero and you throw me under the bus.

SPIT ON YOU!