Warning: Comodo Application Agent is not running!

When I open my Comodo 3.9 Firewall it has a big red circle with and X under System Status and says:

COMODO Application Agent is not running!
Please run duiagnostics utility to fix the problem.

After doing this multiple times, I keep getting:

Information
The diagnostics utility ca not find any problems with your installation.

Can anyone give me advice on how to fix this? 3.9 was working fine yesterday.

I’m on XP

Hi,
I Would Request You To Check With This Topic https://forums.comodo.com/firewall_help/red_circle_across_comodo_shield_in_taskbar_resolved-t34550.0.html;msg289637#msg289637 And Update Us

I too have followed the various threads on this subject and followed the instructions to reload uninstall and reboot, I was using ver3.9.95478.509 with avg free windows xp sp2 on an hp pavilion zd8000. I also use spybot adaware & malwarebytes. Early days but my chevrons have come back! Keep fingers crossed. The work around to exit the tray and reload from the Start Menu worked O.K. for me but no chevrons came back.
but obviously not an answer. I waited for ver .9, but it did not cure as an update.
I was unable to follow the 6 step procedure mentioned elsewhere as the CIS was “enabled”.
Hope the reinstall sems to fix it! and these comments may be of use to others.
Takes a long time for Firefox to restart though…any thoughts on that or will comodo speed up as it recognises things?

Day 2 and same old story red stop sign on the tray shield, exit, start menu, restart no shield, no chevrons though

any proper cure for this?, whole morning wasted yesterday.

Are you running Spybot, Malwarebytes and Adaware all resident?

Spybot is resident the others are on demand of the screen thanks C

It is possible there could be a conflict between spybot and CIS, although I have run the two together in the past without incident.

It may be worth disabling the ability in spybot to start with windows, reboot and try with CIS again.

Just while we’re on the subject, what other applications/services to you have set to auto-start?

Dear Toggie
Could be, thanks.
Following are in the tray:-
Live Messenger usually not signed in as I am having problems with the bandwidth, sound is garbled
Skype usually not signed in
Open Office
Wireless Network
Googletalk open always
Safely Remove Hardware
Logitech Quick Cam but not open
AVG Free 8.5.339
Comodo Live Support (came with current version)
Comodo Safe Surf (came with current version)
Synaptics Pointing Device

(lest I miss anything out)

There was a conflict between comodo defence and something else but can’t remember what it was now
so will switch off spybot from the tray.

my line speed has been up and down so I am working on that on another forum

3.9 to 0.15 mbps!

btw my chevrons came back when I did the workaround this morning

Cheers

Cal

Thanks

Is this a clean install or did you update from within v3.8 or older?

It was a Clean install, as I said I had spent all morning on it!
Can you also just guide me how to stop spybot loading in the system tray (to be sure) I didn’t find
an obvious box to check!
thanks
Cal

Open Spybot, change the Mode to Advanced, select settings and then system start.

Dear Toggie Thanks, I unchecked some checks in the popup which previously made it resident, so this morning it did not load, so that would seem to work too. Comodo loaded up fine. At same time unplugged my phones and rebooted my router speedcheck 4.1megs (wow) and progressively added in all my its again still 4.1.
Now to check when it goes down to 0.15 again. but that’s another forum.
GOOD MORNING
Thanks a lot

Dear Toggie
Sad to say that stopping Spybot running from the system tray did not fix the problem.
I’ve been out in garden last few days
Any more ideas?
C

Hi calsatch. Right now I’m out of ideas, I’ll see if any or the other Mods have any ideas.

One question, are you using a wireless router?

Try uninstalling Safe Surf as the memory firewall is now integrated in CIS. Can you see if you have a service running of Ad Aware; even when set to residential I noticed it will run a service. Try disabling it.

Speaking of wireless router or wirless network adapter. What brands are you using?

Try a clean install of 3.10. After uninstalling 3.9 use the following tutorial to get rid of CIS left overs (forget about removing the Legacy keys as they are a real pain to remove:
Start with exporting your configuration to a folder that is not part of the Comodo folder under Program Files. This way you can restore your configuration after the reinstall.

Uninstall CIS and reboot. Then run [url=http://system-cleaner.comodo.com/]Comodo System Cleaner[/url] to get rid off registry keys.

Then delete the Comodo folders under Program Files, Program Files\Common Files, C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\ .
For Vista/Win7
Users%username%\appdata\local, Users%username%\appdata\roaming\ and \Users%username%\appdata\local\virtual store

To be even more thorough open Device Manager and set it to show hidden devices under menu option View. Then see if there are Comodo driver(s) left in non Plug and Play drivers. If so select the driver → click right → uninstall and reboot.

Now delete the following:
C:\boot.ini.comodofirewall (this file may not exist).
WARNING: Do not mistakenly remove the original “boot.ini”.
C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\cmdGuard.sys
C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\cmdhlp.sys
C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\inspect.sys
C:\WINDOWS\system32\guard32.dl

a. HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\ComodoGroup\CFP and HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\ComodoGroup\Comodo Internet Security
b. HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ComodoGroup\CDI\1 *
*(If you have other Comodo products installed, delete only the values
for CFP)
c. HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Services
\cmdAgent
d. HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Services
\cmdGuard
e. HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Services\cmdHlp
f. HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Services\Inspect
g. HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet002\Services
\cmdAgent
h. HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet002\Services
\cmdGuard
i. HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet002\Services\cmdHlp
j. HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet002\Services\Inspect
k. KEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet003\Services
\cmdAgent
l. HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet003\Services
\cmdGuard
m. HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet003\Services\cmdHlp
n. HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet003\Services\Inspect
o. HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\cmdAgent
p. HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\cmdGuard
q. HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\cmdHlp
r. HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services
\Inspect
s. HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\Software\Comodo\Firewall Pro
t. HKEY_USERS\S-1-5-21-1202660629-746137067-2145843811-1003\Software\ComodoGroup\CFP
u. HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Enum\Root\LEGACY_CMDAGENT *
v. HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Enum\Root\LEGACY_CMDGUARD *
w. HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Enum\Root\LEGACY_CMDHLP *
x. HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Enum\Root\LEGACY_INSPECT *
y. HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet002\Enum\Root\LEGACY_CMDAGENT *
z. HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet002\Enum\Root\LEGACY_CMDGUARD *
aa. HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet002\Enum\Root\LEGACY_CMDHLP *
bb. HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet002\Enum\Root\LEGACY_INSPECT *
cc. HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet003\Enum\Root\LEGACY_CMDAGENT *
dd. HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet003\Enum\Root\LEGACY_CMDGUARD *
ee. HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet003\Enum\Root\LEGACY_CMDHLP *
ff. HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet003\Enum\Root\LEGACY_INSPECT *
gg. HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Enum\Root\LEGACY_CMDAGENT *
hh. HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Enum\Root\LEGACY_CMDGUARD *
ii. HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Enum\Root\LEGACY_CMDHLP *
jj. HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Enum\Root\LEGACY_INSPECT *
kk. HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Local AppWizard-Generated Applications\CFP_Setup_3.0.14.276_XP_Vista_x32
ll. HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Local AppWizard-Generated Applications\CFP_Setup_3.0.14.276_XP_Vista_x64
mm. HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Local AppWizard-Generated Applications\CFPLog
nn. HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Local AppWizard-Generated Applications\CPFFileSubmission
oo. HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\Software\Comodo\Firewall Pro

*Note: It may not be possible to remove these “LEGACY” keys. If you cannot delete them, leave them in the registry. However, I have subsequently found that you MAY be able to remove these keys in Safe Mode by using a third-party registry tool. To permanently remove them may also require modifying the Permissions for each key. See: https://forums.comodo.com/help_for_v3/comprehensive_instructions_for_completely_removing_comodo_firewall_pro_info-t17220.0.html;msg119226#msg119226

Now you should be good to go.

Hi Toggie Been out all weekend, yes using wireless router D-Link DSL G624T.

Will have a look at uninstalling again, and clean installing 3.10 one very rainy day as it takes a bit of time!

Meantime with 2meg RAM it’s pretty quick to workaround, now back to the garden!

C

Unfortunately, I don’t think re-installing is going to help. (I hope I’m wrong) The fact that it works for a short time and then stops indicates interference of some kind. Not sure where to go with this, but i’ll not throw in the towel just yet!

Would you please download Autoruns for Windows unzip it somewhere and run the executable. The first display is the ‘everything’ display. Open the file menu and select ‘export as’ Once done, post the txt file here as an attachment.

Hi Toggie
I’ll go along with your suggestion! see if we can find the problem,hope it will help any others out there.
I have not yet gone down the road of uninstalling. CIS works O.K. from the Start Menu though, whatever version. (as a workaround)
Tuesday
Before you tell me, I spotted that spybot was lurking in the hidden section of the system tray, somehow it became resident again in there. ? Removed the check off tick again.
My Firefox went a bit funny after Autoruns scan… seems O.K. today.

C

[attachment deleted by admin]

Hi Toggie
Seems good with the last update of Comodo and spybot still in the tray all is working good for several days
so hopefully that’s cured it.
thanks for all the help even though no reply on the autoruns…

Cal