Wacom Bamboo Pen&Touch driver prevented from working [M109]1[v6]

1. The driver and preferences utility of Wacom Bamboo Pen&Touch tablet are prevented from running by Comodo Firewall 6

2. Attached

3. Comodo Firewall 6.0.260739.2674

4. Windows 8 PRO 32 bit latest updates

5. Default configuration

6. None

7. I have noticed that since the installation of Comodo Firewall 6.0.260739.2674 on my main machine the driver and preference utility of Bamboo Tablet are not working anymore.

Steps to reproduce the issue:

• Fresh new Win 8 PRO 32bit installed and updated on VMware 9 Workstation
  • Install [url=http://ftp://ftp.wacom-europe.com/pub/WINDOWS/cons530-3_int.exe]ftp://ftp.wacom-europe.com/pub/WINDOWS/cons530-3_int.exe[/url] (my tablets latest driver – Windows 8 compatible)
  • Start Bamboo Preferences
  • With a tablet atached it should lauch a customization window
  • Without a tablet it should give the warning: ”ERROR: A supported tablet was not found on the system” — This means it is working.
  • Install Comodo Firewall 6.0.260739.2674 > restart
  • Try to start Bamboo Preferences: ”There is a problem with your tablet driver. Please reboot your system. If the problem persists reinstall or update the driver.” This message is received no matter if there’s a tablet connected or not.
  • Of course, a reboot or even a driver reinstall doesn’t resolve the issue.
  • Uninstall Comodo>the driver works again

Steps to fix the issue:

• Did a File Rating hoping it will recongnize tablet’s files as safe.
  • Put all the .exe’s inside the driver’s program files folder on the Defense+ exclusion list.

[attachment deleted by admin]

We would be very grateful if you would make a report in standard format, as this will help us to work out what the problem is and help you to resolve it or get developers to fix it. The format is here.

I will do that. Are the screenshots compulsory?

Just killswitch and the diagnostics please

The format post tells you when things are essential

Best wishes

Mike

OK, Mike, here it is. I hope I’ve included all the details you need. Tell me if I need to start a new topic or it could be moved from here.
Thanks

A. THE BUG/ISSUE: Wacom Bamboo Pen&Touch graphics tablet Driver doesn’t work under CFW 6

1. What you did: Installed cons530-3_int driver alongside with Comodo.
  2. What actually happened or you actually saw: When I try to start Bamboo Preferences I get the message that there is a problem with my tablet’s driver and I should reboot or/and reinstall it. Also the tablet has limited functionallity, working as a basic mouse only (no pen hovering).
  3. What you expected to happen or see: If a tablet was attached to the computer, when Bamboo Preferences is started, a customization windows would show up. In the case of no tablet, it gives a warning message: „ERROR A supported tablet was not found on the system” – THIS MEANS THE DRIVER IS WORKING.
  4. How you tried to fix it & what happened: I did a file rating scan hoping the tablets files are recognized as safe, if they weren’t. Also, put all the driver’s .exe’s on Defense+ exclusion list.
  5. If a software compatibility problem have you tried the compatibility fixes (link in format)?: Don’t think it matters here.
  6. Details & exact version of any software (execpt CIS) involved (with download link unless malware): ftp.wacom-europe.com/pub/WINDOWS/cons530-3_int.exe
  7. Whether you can make the problem happen again, and if so precise steps to make it happen: I replicated the problem in a virtual machine with nothing but Comodo Firewall and the tablet’s driver installed.
    Steps:
  • Fresh new Win 8 PRO 32bit installed and updated on VMware 9 Workstation
  • Install ftp.wacom-europe.com/pub/WINDOWS/cons530-3_int.exe (my tablets latest driver – Windows 8 compatible)
  • Start Bamboo Preferences
  • With a tablet atached it should lauch a customization window
  • Without a tablet it should give the warning: ”ERROR: A supported tablet was not found on the system” — This means it is working.
  • Install Comodo Firewall 6.0.260739.2674 > restart
  • Try to start Bamboo Preferences: ”There is a problem with your tablet driver. Please reboot your system. If the problem persists reinstall or update the driver.” This message is received no matter if there’s a tablet connected or not.
  • Of course, a reboot or even a driver reinstall doesn’t resolve the issue.
  • Uninstall Comodo>the driver works again

B. FILES APPENDED. (Please zip unless screenshots).:
0. A diagnostics report file (Click ‘?’ in top right of main GUI) Required for all issues): See atached.

1. Screenshots of the 6.0 Killswitch Process Tab (see Advanced tasks ~ Watch Activity) or 5.x Active Process List. If accessible, required for all issues:: See atached.
  2. Screenshots illustrating the bug: See atached.
  3. Screenshots of related CIS event logs: None.
  4. A CIS config report or file: None.
  5. Crash or freeze dump file: See atached.
  6. Screenshot of More~About page. Can be used instead of typed product and AV database version: See atached.

C. YOUR SETUP: Windows 8 PRO 32 bit fully updated on WMware.

1. CIS version, AV database version & configuration: In the screenshot.
  2. a) Have you updated (without uninstall) from a previous version of CIS: No.
  3. a) Have you imported a config from a previous version of CIS: No.
  4. Have you made any other major changes to the default config? (eg ticked ‘block all unknown requests’, other egs here.): No, default config.
  5. Defense+, Sandbox, Firewall & AV security levels: Default settings.
  6. OS version, service pack, number of bits, UAC setting, & account type: Windows 8 RTM, UAC on, Administrator
  7. Other security and utility software currently installed: None.
  8. Other security software previously installed at any time since Windows was last installed: None.
  9. Virtual machine used (Please do NOT use Virtual box)[color=blue]: VMware 9.0.0 build-812388

[attachment deleted by admin]

Thanks very much, much appreciated.

I think we don’t have the last page of the processes, listing the explorer processes? If you could append that as well I would appreciate it.

I’ll transfer meanwhile

Best wishes

Mouse

All the processes are included in the two screeshots atached, titled KillSwitch processes 1 and 2. If you are reffering to something else, please let me know.

Thanks

OK hardly anything under explorer then, I guess

That’s what confused me. :slight_smile:

Sorry

Mouse

Fixed according to 2708 fix list. Can you confirm?

We believe this problem to be resolved, because you told us so, it’s on a fix list, or we have checked and found it resolved. So I am moving it to resolved issues.

If you feel it is not resolved, now or at any time in the future, please PM an active mod who will move it back to the main board for consideration. When it is moved please add to the topic your reasons for believing it not resolved.

Best wishes

Mouse