VS2008 - Application not behaving like it is signed

Hello,

We recently purchased a code signing certificate for our Windows and Windows mobile applications. I have signed my application and have set the Manifest to require Administrator for UAC in Windows Vista and 7.

The “shield” icon appears on the .EXEcutable however when you run the application, it states “Unidentified Publisher”. I’m fairly certain I’ve done this correctly. Did I mis-understand the purpose of a certificate? Should it not say the name of my company instead of “Unidentified”?

Thanks.

– Val

The only way I’ve gotten it to work is by following the instructions in the following post:

https://forums.comodo.com/code-signing-certificate/visual-studio-2008-error-importing-key-object-already-exists-t30746.0.html

This seems way too labor intensive for what I’m trying to do.

Has anyone gotten it to work correctly without jumping thru all of these hoops???

Thanks

– Val

Hi,

Could you please tell me the exact tool (command line/GUI) which you were used to sign your application?. Also attach the error screen shots. By the way, did you check that EXE file in Win XP?.

Thanks.

Hi there,

Regarding a “tool”, I’m using Visual Studio. From my project, I select Solution Properties → Signing → Sign the Assembly. There are no errors compiling or attaching the “key” to my solution.

Regarding errors, I’m getting “Unidentified Publisher” when my application executes. The application requires elevated permissions to Administrator. If you right-click on the executable, there is no “Digital Signatures” tab. The only way to make this work is by using the “C:\Program Files\Microsoft SDKs\Windows\v6.0A\bin\signtool” signwizard solution.

Thanks for your help.

– Val

Hi,

Was signing your application through signtool signwizard solved the issue?.

Thanks.

Yes, is the only way to solve my issue right now. It’s very time consuming. I have a project that has over 40 individual DLL’s that it builds. Having to manually sign those is almost a full time position.

Has anyone gotten this to work with Visual Studio? I retrospect, I should have read the forums before purchasing a key from Comodo.

– Val

Hi,

Don’t worry, your issue will be solved. I recommend you to contact comodo support at support@comodo.com to get your issue solved.

Thanks.

I will. Thanks for the response.