VMWare blocked by CIS over wireless connection

My workstation is on a wireless connection to my router. I have several guest OSs running on it using VMware player 3.1.4. Before, when my workstation was connected over cable, access to all guest machines and access from guest machines to my workstation worked without a problem.

Now, when I connect via ssh to one of the guests the connection times out.

All blocking rules in CIS firewall are “told” to log as firewall events. I see no entries in the logs explaining the timeouts, though. There’s only several unexplicable entries where “System” would block source “192.168.2.1” (router) to “192.168.2.103” (workstation). No matter what global rules I define to explicitly allow this, or make “System” be a “Trusted Application”, these log entries show up.

When I disable the Comodo Firewall, all connections work fine. My workstation can fully access the guests and vice versa.

Is there a way to determine by what rule(s) Comodo Firewall is blocking connections to the guest OSs while it’s active? I simply can’t turn off all protection when working with my virtual machines…

You will also need rule(s) for System. Easiest is to use the Stealth Ports Wizard to make a defined network a trusted network using option Define a new trusted network and make my ports stealth for everyone else . That will adapt both Global Rules and System for you.

You need to define the network you want to trust in Network Zones.