VK doesn't open but all other functions work fine

VK doesn’t open but all other functions work fine. I’m using CIS Pro which I have just installed. Any ideas anybody??

Sorry, forgot to mention that I have installed this CIS on 3 machines and the other 2 work fine.

What exactly happens when you try to open the Virtual Kiosk? Does it provide a warning or error?

Also, did you try running the diagnostics?

Hi Chiron. Nothing happens when I click on the VK button except the background around the main middle button fades slightly as if it was starting the app. I even get the hour glass next to the curser but then it dissapears and VK doesn’t open.

There is no warning or error message.

Not sure how to run diagnostics, sorry. Could you point me in that direction please.

Ady

Hi adriandiamond,
Click on the question mark in the top right corner of the GUI and hover over support, then click on diagnostics.
Diagnostics

Hi captainsticks. Diagnostics found no errors, however, I noticed that the edge around the GUI turned blue when the hour glass came up and then disappeared when the hour glass went.

I can understand why it comes up on the other 2 pc’s ok.

Hi adriandiamond,
Not sure why the blue. :-\

Have you tried resetting the sandbox, then try again?
Reset Sandbox

I reset the sandbox and tried again but still nothing. It won’t even open in the sandbox tasks.

When I ordered the pro version (paid) it comes with a licence for 3 pc’s which I have now used on the 3 pc’s in my house. My question is…can I uninstall CIS from the pc that has the VK problem and reinstall the trial version again adding my licence key to upgrade it to the full paid version? I’m just thinking that a fresh install may solve the problem.

It’s worth a try. Please reinstall it by following the methods I advise in this post. Doing so may be able to solve the problem.

Please let us know if it does not, or if you run into any problems.

Thanks.

OK, problem solved!!
I uninstalled CIS, rebooted, and then did a registry search for any left over stuff belonging to CIS…
found a few so deleted them as well.
Re installed CIS (trial), let it do its thing and then added the licence key to update it to full program. Ran a full scan and when that finished, shut down the pc and went to bed.
This morning I switched on the pc, went to make a brew and came back to the pc…WTF!&^%$&
On the screen was a message window telling me that my subscription has expired and did I want to buy another…but I only bought this licence key 2 days ago! Time to ask Comodo what the hell are they playing at!!
Opened Chrome, typed in Comodo/enter…DING up pops a red screen telling me that chrome cannot open this page (never seen a screen like this before), so I tried it again…DING, same again, red screen.
This time I decided to read the rest of the “can’t do this message (and here’s a tip for you all) READ ALL THE MESSAGE. After the bit that says “chrome cannot open this page” it continued with " your computer date and time may need adjusting”. On checking the date and time in Control Panel, it was reading 2009, hence the reason Comodo said my subscription was out of date.
Changed the date and re installed the licence key…hey presto, everything is fine again now and even my original query VK not opening…now it does!
Sorry Comodo for cursing you for a problem that wasn’t your doing but was instead that of an incompetent pc user. Next time when I do a re install of XP, I’ll check the date and time. ;D

Thanks for the replies guys, I’m sure I’ll have some more probs for you to sort out later.
Ady

Hi adriandiamond, no sorry required.
Thanks for posting back with your findings, this could indeed help others.
Glad to hear that all is working correctly. :-TU

I do not agree with the above quote, you personally found and fixed the problem which in turn solved the issues. That is not incompetent, quite the contrary. :-TU

Thanks for the replies guys, I'm sure I'll have some more probs for you to sort out later.
You are welcome and we might have some problems for you to help solve. ;)

All the best to you.