Vista Security Centre still says Comodo is running [Resolved]

Regrettably, I’ve had to abandon my plan to install CFP as my firewall for the reasons listed here:
https://forums.comodo.com/help_for_v3/unable_to_access_secure_pages_continued-t22750.0.html
I now have another firewall in place but Windows Vista Security Centre assures me that not only is the new one running, so is COMODO Firewall Pro. This is despite me having uninstalled it - via Windows!- and having run the special batch file to remove all traces of CFP.
Is anyone able to tell me what needs to be done to convince the Security Centre that CFP has left the building?
Thanks in advance.

Greetings!

Try doing it manually:
(NOTE: In Vista, you must run cmd.exe with admin priviliges, so start it from WINDOWS\system32)
(1. Open start menu and click Run and write cmd.)
2. In the cmd window, write NET STOP WINMGMT /Y.
3. Now write cd "%windir%\system32\wbem" and then RD /S /Q “Repository”.
4. Last of all, write NET START WINMGMT /Y.

Now it shouldn’t show CFP3 any more.

Cheers,
Ragwing

And greetings to you, Ragwing. Thanks for the quick reply. Could you clarify what you mean about starting it from WINDOWS\system32\ i.e. what is the ‘it’ you refer to? The cmd window? I can’t see a cmd file within system 32. In any event, I’m the sole user of the PC so won’t I have admin privileges to begin with?
Probably a daft question, but should I be hitting ‘enter’ after steps 1, 2, 3 & 4? I did so after 1 and got:
“System error 5 has occurred. Access is denied.”

Take a look HERE i`m only on XP but this looks like it might be useful.

Matty

Many thanks, Matty. Even though I wasn’t too sure of Ragwing’s instructions (when to press Enter, for example) I gave it a go and have actually managed to remove CFP from the Security Centre. Excellent - thanks Ragwing. However, Security Centre now says it can’t see any antivirus on my PC despite AVG and SUPERantispyware running. What do you reckon I’ve done wrong and how can I fix it?
Thanks…again!

Try this from the elevated command prompt

winmgmt/verifyrepository (restart windows)

if that fails

winmgmt/salvagerepository (restart windows) if it says it can`t try it again.

pooksahib, since the main topic is resolved, the thread must close.

Please open a new thread if you request help on your other issue here or here as it doesn’t relate to CFP.